Istick by eleaf

chappy191

Hi vapors ,i have a quick question on this mod,i use nautilus mini tank on this mod ,and i have to turn this unit all the way down to lowest setting,otherwise i got a burnt taste,and horrible.Is there any specific juice you use using any mods??? please help i dont want to smoke again.

The Eleaf iStick tends to run a little hotter than what the display settings indicate. You can counteract this by getting a higher resistant coil for your Nautilus mini. The coils that come with the Nautilus mini are 1.6 ohm and 1.8 ohm (if I remember correctly). You'll want to go with a 2.2 ohm or higher so you get a cooler vape without the burning taste.

What juice are you running? A higher VG juice can be difficult for the coil to wick. If it it runs dry it can cause the burnt taste. Aspire has come out with larger holes on their newer coils to help with wicking on higher VG juices. Like Tam said it is best to run the highest ohm coil possible with the 20 watt iStick it will allow for the coolest vape. I ran my mini as high as 8 - 10 watts with 50/50 juice. I was running Fadora Vapor's Frutti Tutti in it http://www.fadoravapor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9&products_id=216

I always change my settings until i find the sweet spot for the juice. With that said, is it a dry hit or burnt hit? I am not familiar with your tank but many people will be.

just a burnt hit not dry

What juice are you running? A higher VG juice can be difficult for the coil to wick. If it it runs dry it can cause the burnt taste. Aspire has come out with larger holes on their newer coils to help with wicking on higher VG juices. Like Tam said it is best to run the highest ohm coil possible with the 20 watt iStick it will allow for the coolest vape. I ran my mini as high as 8 - 10 watts with 50/50 juice. I was running Fadora Vapor's Frutti Tutti in it http://www.fadoravapor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9&products_id=216

where can i get the higher ohm coils

How strange. Just went looking for 2.2 ohm coils for the Nautilus BVC but only found the 1.8 ohm as the highest resistance. Sorry!

Your next step then, is to see what the PG/VG ratio of your juice is. Like Jason said, a 50/50 blend is a good one to make sure you get the vapor as well as the right viscosity so that your wicks can soak up the juice.

What ohm coil are you using right now? Is it the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm? It should say on the base of the coil itself.

It is just a thought, but do you think the burnt flavor could be stuck in your coil or the juice in your tank? The iStick 20W does not buck (lower voltage below battery voltage) very good (if at all). So when it is fully charged it would be putting out close to 10 watts. My personal experiance is that fruit flavors like you are using are generally best for me in the 10+ watt range.

* the wattage numbers I am using is based on the assumption that you are using a 20watt iStick and not a 30watt iStick. The 20 watt uses a nonstandard measurement system that makes it much hotter based on the numbers on the screen. 9 watts on an iStick 20 is equal to 12.8 watts on most other devices.

Yep, the quirks of the 20W iStick take some getting use to :) The Nautilus coils are only 1.6 or 1.8 Ohm as Tam pointed out, so you can't go higher there. The only option is to go lower Voltage or Wattage. I've found that the iSticks are less prone to running "hot" if they are in Voltage-mode, but even then, if I were running 3.9V (10W) on a different device, I have to translate that to 3.2-3.4V (6.8-7.7W) on the iStick to get a decent (not burnt/hot) vape. As the battery wears down a bit, they tend to smooth out a little. So it does take a little playing with them. They're not as accurate or smooth as say, an MVP, but they do work :)

I'm using one right now with a KPT2 tank and 1.5 Ohm coil. I have to run it at 3V (6W) or I start getting a slight burnt taste. As the battery wears down, I can take it up to 3.3 (7.3W) and it will work well until it needs recharging. On my MVP, I would be running that same tank/coil combo @ 8.5-10W from the start, and never have a burnt taste.

How strange. Just went looking for 2.2 ohm coils for the Nautilus BVC but only found the 1.8 ohm as the highest resistance. Sorry!

Your next step then, is to see what the PG/VG ratio of your juice is. Like Jason said, a 50/50 blend is a good one to make sure you get the vapor as well as the right viscosity so that your wicks can soak up the juice.

What ohm coil are you using right now? Is it the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm? It should say on the base of the coil itself.

1.6 ohm

For future reference, if you get that burnt flavor and it's pretty strong, you'll want to dump the juice from the tank (it's got the burnt taste mixed in), rinse everything well, change out the coil and start fresh. If it was the 1.6 ohm coil that was giving you problems, I'd definitely go with the 1.8 from now on with the Nautilus mini. That's what I use on my iStick, too. smile.png

Oh, and do NOT put the used/old juice into a bottle with fresh juice, it'll contaminate your fresh juice. Just throw the old away.

Edited by Tam

I'm using the istick 30 watt and have the Nautilus Mini with 1.8 ohm coil. I run "SmokeCignals" Trailhand tobacco (65pg / 35vg). Currently running this at 12.5 watts with no problems. No burnt taste or wicking issues. In fact when I first got the istick, I brought it up to 15 watts and was just starting to get a "hot" but not quite burnt taste.

I also run the MVP 2.0 also with Nautilus Mini 1.8 ohm coil with "Niquid Sinthol" (cinnamon/menthol) at 11.0 watts with no problems.

As Tam said, start fresh with a clean tank and new coil. Start at lowest setting and move it up a little at a time till you find the sweet spot.

Edited by kfolse107