whatta ya do fer a living...

Well I am the queen of the castle, typical stay at home mom. I keep my 2 yr old niece full time which is a big job in itself right now. I have farm animals I tend to everyday....goats, donkeys, geese and a pot bellied pig, all very much loved pets plus 2 very rotten dogs. I still manage to run the lives, or try to, of my 25 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter, lol. They don't complain. We a close family.

My husband of almost 32 yrs works for a major natural gas pipeline and is out of town quite a bit. I'm very thankful to have been able to raise my kids at home and now can be there for Shelby. I've been very lucky to have such a great job!

Deanna in middle Ga

I am a nurse. Been one for over 40 years. The bulk of my career has been working with senior citizens in a nursing home/assisted living facility. I have worked in many of them. some good, some not so good and a couple that were absolute hell holes (didn't stay in those very long). The one I'm at now (and have been for almost 3 years) is one of the very best in our area. I dearly love "my" residents as do most of my co-workers.

The hubby works in housekeeping in a local hospital.

I work for an oil heat company, After yesterday I realize I am also a part time nut case. Well only found that out after working for 11 hours strait without a break, then stopping for 2 and then going back out for 4 more. ugh is winter over yet? 70 hours a week are getting old.

90 inches of snow doesn't make it easy. crybaby.gif

But, I love what I do.yes.gif

I'm a Database Admin, SQL developer, reporting ninja, and part-time website designer for a Fortune-10 tech company. I also build/repair computers, rebuild/restore/ride motorcycles, and dabble in woodworking (when I have the time).

I'm a far cry from what I went to school for... Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Math/English and nearly completed a year of Medical School before I came to my senses :) I did love working the ER and Maternity (delivered six, including three of my own), but knew I'd be miserable the rest of my life if I stayed in that line of work.

• 1 month later...

I work for at&t, don't shoot me for it! I install the fiber to the house and repair it when trouble on it. Been there going on 16 years in June. Most of my years have been working on the the copper as in pots, dsl and Uverse. I'm ready to move up, working in the elements is for the kids!

• 3 weeks later...

Understand completely, Adversarious1.

"Life is something that happens to you while you're making other plans"

Maybe I will also apply my education, now that I have all this free time.

The Military taught me such things as Honor...Discipline.

College taught me an orderly way to think.