Whats a decent mech mod?

edgy77

Probably been asked before but im looking for a good clone, 18650 mod around 50-75$ or cheaper. Any ideas? Ive only used regulated mods but im quite familiar with rdas, cause I use them.on my ipv2s. I wanna get the mech mod so I have that for my rdas and keep my.ipv for my tanks and rbas

There are tons of good mechanicals out there, and some of the best clones are made from HCigar and Infinite, IMO. Several of the no-name branded Chinese clones are also top-notch, some are garbage... and price doesn't always equate to quality. Some people swear by Tobeco brand clones, but I've never had much luck with their quality. Oh, EhPro is another good cloning company, too.

I love my HCigar Copper Penny and brass HCigar Windrose (each were ~ $34 when I bought them last fall). I have a couple others on order, but they are mostly for "display purposes", and they were too good of a price to pass on.

So, the mods, themselves, are not that expensive... $20-40... where your expense comes in, is buying quality batteries and a good charger, but it sounds like you may already be ahead of the game in that regard....

Honestly, I've moved away from Mechs as my go-to devices... A regulated device provides the same power/wattage on every hit, and I like that for my RTAs and RDAs. A mech provides a little less with each hit, and I find myself swapping batteries and charging them more often when using a mech, but they are great for an hour or two session of dripping in the evenings, after dinner!

I also enjoy the art work on mech. Ordering an emma 1:1 clone and decided to get the ancient dragon mech also. I do love my hcigar nemesis, just need to find magnets for it.

My friends seem to love their fuhattans.

Now I was going to get the EMMA Mech from the original designer, you know award the company who put in the R&D dollars into it. But i contacted a friend in the Philippines and was surprised what you can pick up an original for. SO basically I have to pay 5x cause im in the USA or Europe. I want to reward the designer not a third party person.

But it is true for me also that my work horse is my regulated device.....to make it a comparison to my analog days. cigaretts = regulated device cigar time = mech mod

I started using mods about 6 months ago. Started off with a 'Vapeonly' from a local headshop. Not bad IMO. Then I picked up a Hammer clone on eBay just because I thought it looked cool (and it certainly does), but I've been longing for a quality 'Amercan Made' mod that won't cost over $100. I bought the 'Ragnarok' for $79, and I'm not disappointed so far. It's like a big chunk of copper in my hand (because it is). Very nice feeling mod. This will be solely for my RDA.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in. Cheers.

I really like my AR clone. Cheap and does the job. The only thing I want to change is to find some magnets for the switch. (If it can be done) If not ,then just a stronger spring.

The fire button should already be magnetic on the AR...I could've sworn they are.I might be thinking of the FUhattan

Yeah,two things that I don't like about the spring buttons are 1- You have voltage drop ( its not a crazy amount of drop but it happens) and 2- like my Nemesis's spring got dirty and gunked up and it led to hot button.cleaned it good and it stopped that problem.I'm looking at the carbon fiber FUhattan as my next mech mod

Yeah,two things that I don't like about the spring buttons are 1- You have voltage drop ( its not a crazy amount of drop but it happens) and 2- like my Nemesis's spring got dirty and gunked up and it led to hot button.cleaned it good and it stopped that problem.I'm looking at the carbon fiber FUhattan as my next mech mod

I don't use mechanical mods much any more, but the FUhattan has really caught my eye too! Here is another one that I like the looks of. I am not really happy with Asmodus right now, but this is a great looking mechanical mod: http://www.vaporrange.com/asMODus-Klone-V1-5-18650-22mm-Mechanical-Mod-p/as-klone1.5.htm

I really like those CFFU's myself but my budget is gone right now. After the 350 I just spent, my wife will kill me unless it's for juice...lol

To be honest, I just bought 8 rda's and 2 rta's from Comp and he sent a crap-load of wick and wire to go with it... I'm truthfully set for a long time from the stuff I received...

Then there's my order from sweet-vapes also. Just waiting on my ohm's meter. The first pkg got here in two days from them but the second one has been a week so far... I think it's that snow...And that's ok...I can wait to twist my own coils for right now...

I really like those CFFU's myself but my budget is gone right now. After the 350 I just spent, my wife will kill me unless it's for juice...lol

I am in the same boat. My current mini electronic box obsession has busted my budget, for months....but I keep spending. I am getting close to needing more juice and another tank... I keep PIF my good stuff wallbash.gif

I am in the same boat. My current mini electronic box obsession has busted my budget, for months....but I keep spending. I am getting close to needing more juice and another tank... I keep PIF my good stuff wallbash.gif

I am right there with you jason my hana clone broke yesterday and when i went to go to my backups (ego c twist, and kanger evod) both of them were broken as well...so i ended up finding a store today and spending way too much on a cab ride and getting a brand new ipv mini 30 watt...the wife wasnt too happy.

I am right there with you jason my hana clone broke yesterday and when i went to go to my backups (ego c twist, and kanger evod) both of them were broken as well...so i ended up finding a store today and spending way too much on a cab ride and getting a brand new ipv mini 30 watt...the wife wasnt too happy.

I hate that for you. The expense of the cab ride, and the mod when it is unexpected really sucks, but it is much better than picking up a pack! Most of mine lately has just been shinyitus....I have plenty of vape gear, but, when I see something new and shiny and have to buy it...it's a bad habit!

I hate that for you. The expense of the cab ride, and the mod when it is unexpected really sucks, but it is much better than picking up a pack! Most of mine lately has just been shinyitus....I have plenty of vape gear, but, when I see something new and shiny and have to buy it...it's a bad habit!

"Shinyitus"... Yep, got a bad case of that myself... that and my OCD tells me that I when I find something I like, I need to have four of them :)

I have an issue with binge-buying... I'll go months without buying anything other than a bottle of juice here or there... and then I'll drop big $$ for a couple of weeks...

I went 4-months back in the summer, buying only a couple of bottles of "something different" juice, and then spent $150 buying two mech mods, batteries, charger (even though I already had a good one), and an RDA (along with Kanthal, Japanese cotton, etc). After that binge-buy... nothing until Christmas :) We won't even discuss what I've bought in the past 6-weeks :D

Wow Earthling and i thought i was bad...well not yet anyway

It's easy to go nuts... especially when you find something that you really like, and have to have two, three, four, ... nineteen of them :)

There's just too many pretty/shiny things out there, and only so much will-power we humans have...

No Earthling! We WILL discuss what you've bought in the past 6 weeks.How dare you keep this from us lol

What I've bought? Or what I've spent everyone else's money on? :D

In the past few weeks, I've bought an IPV-mini2, a second IPV-mini, two authentic Russian 91% (going out of business sale, both for $78), pre-ordered a YouDe Goblin and Infinite Kayfun V4 in black, and have a (freebie) Squape Reloaded en-route.

After buying all of this stuff, I won't have the need to buy anything except juice for a VERY VERY long time :D