there has to be a better way to have 1/2 full bottles - on standy

eCloudMaker

Welcome to V|T!

I'm not sure what your question is...

When I stick a tank in my storage rack, it is usually full, and ready to vape when I want it. Sure, there are sometimes 1/2-full tanks in the rack, but that is not an issue for storage, as I'll vape it empty eventually. Now, it is not a good idea to store one that is less than 1/3 full, as it may leak over time. If you're storing a tank long-term, it is best to have it full or completely empty (clean and ready for juice).

Traveling with 1/2 full bottles... never an issue... the bottle seals with the lid and is no different than a full one... it shouldn't leak or cause any problems, and it will not affect the juice in the least, other than allowing a little more Oxygen to it, which will actually (usually) make the flavor BETTER, as the juice ages and flavors are more pronounced as they Oxygenate. This is not always true, but I've yet to find a juice that didn't taste better as it aged/Oxygenated.

If you're looking for a good way to travel with your devices and juice, there are hundreds of vape-cases out there in the market... some only hold one device, some hold dozens, with special pockets or straps to hold multiple bottles of juice or tanks.

welcome_hey_1.jpg

I personally store my tanks uprite 1/2 or more full & never empty without being cleaned first..

I've only been in this fer a month sooo a lot of my stuff hasnt set too long or too often,, maybe a week or soooo...

[note to self] .... never post 'before' coffee

sorry gang --- tanks are the issue

jars have lids - even I can figure that one out hope.gif

last night I knocked over a 1/2 full tank on my desk

I looked at acrylic 'lipstick' tri-level stands as one solution

u

.... thinking there must be a better way

- traveling with all my new stuff (but still don't have a good answer for 1/2 full tanks)

.... this appears to be working for the rest of my new crap

I am a pouch/bag/case saver - just because I don't use the insides - doesn't mean its time to throw the really kewl zippered case away.... right ? :-)

For new vaping crap - I am using an age old zipper/nylon cassette carrying case (one cassette wide and probably a dozen cassettes long)

- removed the molded plastic cassette holding tray and bought some 10 & 15 compartments 'adjustable' transparent jewelry/bead/hobby case with hinged lid and fairly secure clasp - about $1.00 of ebay.

.... from I'm beginning to notice; it is easy to have lots of vaping stuff

Yup,, its easy ta go in yer local shop & walkout with a few new gadgets, joose & less money in wallet...

Internet will save ya money (if ya dont mind waiting on shipping) but good luck if sumpin goes wrong with it...

My bench/desk has a few holes in it just fer tanks...

Those "lipstick" and makeup stands work well, but so does a hunk of wood with a few 6-8mm holes drilled into it so the 510 connections will set inside the hole, and the base of the tank will rest comfortably on the wood. There are fancier things to store your tanks on while at home, but I find a few well-placed holes in a piece of scrap lumber (can fancy it up if you want with beveled edges and stain) works wonderfully :)

Here is one I made recently while watching TV one evening... scrap wood, routed an edge on it, sanded, stained, and drilled 16, 8mm holes, 1" apart, and 1/2" from the outer edge (Wood is 5" x 5" on top - inside the bevel). Additional holes are drilled evenly between the main 16, to allow for mini tanks or oversize tanks and different configurations:

2014-12-28165023_zpsf0084682.jpg

It doesn't stop them from getting knocked over, but it does make them more stable and they don't fall over if someone walks heavily through the house!

using scraps??

When I showed my Bitter 1/2 that pic,, my 17yr corrected me???

He said,, Dad this is NOT the stone age, its the TECHNICAL CORRECTNESS age,,

ie; its not using scraps, ITS repurposing good material into something useable & its only scrap when it can be used for no other purpose...

then he jump on his cell phone & hadda txt his 2 older brothers, that he stumped the Old RedNeck & my phone shut down from the massive amount of hahaha txts..

Sometimes I hate the Technical Correctness age...

I think it looks GREAT Earthling789!!!!

• 4 weeks later...