Can someone point me in the direction for an upgrade?

duke9023

I am a newbie to vaping but I have made the change from cigarettes to vaping two weeks ago and have not looked back I am excited and at times overwhelmed with how much there is to know about vaping...My current setup is a Ego-C Twist with an iCear 16 tank....I am looking to upgrade both battery and tank maybe to a glass tank? but don't know which direction to go in either a MOD or something and was hoping you could make a good NEXT step upgrade...i don't want to upgrade drastically just something a little better than what I have at the moment... Thanks for ya time!!

Hi duke,the ego twist is a good battery.I would try upgrading your tank first like a Nautilus mini works excellent.They produce Good vapor and the coils last alot longer than say a protank 2 coil.if the ego isn't satisfying your needs maybe look into a Vision Spinner too.Hope this helps.Welcome to VT.

For a glass tank "upgrade", I would suggest a Kanger ProTank 2 or AeroTank. Tug is correct that the Nautilus coils do last a tiny bit longer than the KPT coils, but the KPT coils are 1/3 the price, and vape quality in the AeroTank (dual-coil) is very comparable to the Nautilus. The KPT and AeroTank are also half the price of a Nautilus (full or mini size). If you really like the top-coil design of the iClear16, you can always go with a Vivi Nova or similar top-coil tanks.

For a battery upgrade, if you like the eGo-style (stick), a Vision Spinner (I, II, or III) are good work-horses, although people say the Spinner2's have issues... If you are wanting a small box-style, the iStick 20W or 30W are excellent choices. The 30W model is an upgraded version with better threading over the 20W model, but I have two 20W models and they are working well for me. The MVP 2.0 is rock-solid, but limited in peak-power (but works very well with standard tanks). SMY also has a slim 30W box-mod out, with a price comparable to the iSticks, but I've not tried one of them... they look nice though!

For a small budget of say ~ $50, you could grab an iStick 20W and two KPT2 (or two AeroTanks for a couple bucks more), and I think you'd be quite happy with the upgrade over the Twist and iClear16 combo.

Earthling's words are wise, his recommendations are even better. He is great at helping you spend some money but you won't regret it one bit. He's helped me spend some just recently and is working to help me again in the very near future. biggrin.png

Gee, Tam... make me blush :)

Soon... sooooon, your hard earned cash will be spent ... Bwahahahahaha :devil:

Thanks guys really appreciate it Earthling789... I already have two stick style batteries the EgoTwist and smaller INNO battery so I think your suggestion of the box style is going to be what I'm looking for.... Does the box styles you suggested require the purchase of a battery or is it like the stick style where you plug it in and it's rechargeable?

The istick and the mvp both have an internal battery with a micro usb charge port. Google each and you will see what each one looks like. Eleaf iStick 20w or 30w. Innokin MVP 2.0 or MVP 3.0. Look for reviews on YouTube. PBursado is a great reviewer, gets kind of technical with the reviews of all devices tested, but shows what to look for and watch out for.

Oh, I have a list already made out for you sofa.gif

And one for Jason, and Tug, and anybody else that has spare cash smile.png

It does not take much arm twisting for me to spend on vape gear, but you have such good suggestions! I was fixing to buy a ipv mini, on your suggestion, but I have the Sigelei mini with the same chip (SX130) so I thought I would get the V2. I just have not pulled the trigger yet. It has the sx330 like my ipv3, but much better form factor! (still waiting on the Colossal..pushed back to March, went up $20.00 and they won't answer my emails...lol Hopefully it will all work out, not loosing any sleep over it though)

... If you are wanting a small box-style, the iStick 20W or 30W are excellent choices. The 30W model is an upgraded version with better threading over the 20W model, but I have two 20W models and they are working well for me.

My suggestion is that if you get the iStick spend the extra $10 on the 30 watt. It is much improved. It seems to have a better range (from low to high), the spring loaded connector and new threads make it much more dependable, and the new lip they added makes a 22mm tank look better. I personally don't think you can go wrong with the 20 watt, but the 30 watt is worth the price difference IMO.

Thanks guys really appreciate it Earthling789... I already have two stick style batteries the EgoTwist and smaller INNO battery so I think your suggestion of the box style is going to be what I'm looking for.... Does the box styles you suggested require the purchase of a battery or is it like the stick style where you plug it in and it's rechargeable?

As GeorgeF indicated above, the MVP and iSticks don't require additional (removable) batteries. They are internal, which is why I suggested them... simplicity of use :) For their ease-of-use, you can't go wrong with either of them... and like Jason pointed out, for the extra few $, if you're going to go with the iStick, I'd highly recommend the 30W model (improved 510 threading, floating pin, and overall a better deal). The MVP is bullet-proof design/engineering, and Innokin has the MVP V2.0, the 20W and the V3.0... depending on what you want... but the iSticks are more affordable :)

It does not take much arm twisting for me to spend on vape gear, but you have such good suggestions! I was fixing to buy a ipv mini, on your suggestion, but I have the Sigelei mini with the same chip (SX130) so I thought I would get the V2. I just have not pulled the trigger yet. It has the sx330 like my ipv3, but much better form factor! (still waiting on the Colossal..pushed back to March, went up $20.00 and they won't answer my emails...lol Hopefully it will all work out, not loosing any sleep over it though)

Yep, I'll be ordering an IPV-mini2 by the end of the week (if not tomorrow) :) I still may pick up another V1 in another color, only because I've had ZERO issues with my first one. My only gripe is that sometimes I'll "almost" cross-thread the battery cap when I replace a battery, but that is a minor issue....

I saw the Colossus was pushed back, but that was for the V2 (70W), which is $99. The V1 (35W) should have already been released... I'm hoping your delay is only because you ordered the black one, which was not released at the same time as the silver ones... they were held back a few weeks, according to what I read :( I still think the black/brass one will be worth the wait!!

Yep, I'll be ordering an IPV-mini2 by the end of the week (if not tomorrow) smile.png I still may pick up another V1 in another color, only because I've had ZERO issues with my first one. My only gripe is that sometimes I'll "almost" cross-thread the battery cap when I replace a battery, but that is a minor issue....

I really love my IPV-mini version 1 but I do wish it had a spring loaded battery cap like my VTR, it's much easier and faster to change out.

Okay, where do I get the version 2?

I'm gonna upgrade my tank first before I upgrade to a box MOD...it will probably be another week before I can get the box MOD but I want to get a new tank tomorrow...Can you tell me what the main differences between the Protank Mini 2 and the Protank Mini 3 and which one will be the better fit for my ego-c-twist

The protank mini 2&3 aren't really that different,just a minor cosmetic difference.I think the protank 3 coils are a little different is about all.I'm not trying to talk you out of the protank,but if you want a tank that is a work horse and is awesome IMHO and the coils last longer ( a little bit more expensive but worth it) is the Nautilus mini.http:// www.vaportalk.com/shop/nautilus-mini-airflow- adjustable-tank-system/ Its on sale in the Vapor talk store and the coils are also on sale http://www.vaportalk.com/shop/aspire-nautilus-bvc- coils-2/ Hope this helps you out,if you really want the tank and coils quicker obviously you can go to your local B&M (Brick & Mortar) Vape shop,but you will most likely be paying a little more there.

Edited by TugBoat

I really love my IPV-mini version 1 but I do wish it had a spring loaded battery cap like my VTR, it's much easier and faster to change out.

Okay, where do I get the version 2?

animier.gif

My Vapor Store has them for $64 right now, and VaporDNA has them for $63 (after10% off with code DNA10)

Most everyone has the black ones out of stock... and the special editions with the antelope on them are going fast. I think once the 'special-editions' are sold out, the price will drop to $59 (or even lower).

I'm gonna upgrade my tank first before I upgrade to a box MOD...it will probably be another week before I can get the box MOD but I want to get a new tank tomorrow...Can you tell me what the main differences between the Protank Mini 2 and the Protank Mini 3 and which one will be the better fit for my ego-c-twist

The difference between the KPT2 and KPT3 minis are the coils (and drip-tip style). The KPT2-mini is a single-coil design, and the KPT3-mini is a dual-coil. Both are excellent! I personally prefer the KPT3-mini because the style is a little more "industrial" with squared shoulders and straight-pipe drip-tip, but the coils are a bit more expensive (and last roughly the same time).... but the dual coils do produce a bit more vapor and flavor from such a small tank. Some say the dual-coils are a hotter vape, but you can always move to a higher Ohm coil to make it cooler. To me, a 1.8 Ohm single OR dual coil is perfect in the minis (for most any juice I use).