DirtyBoot

Hey all...Just signed up to do some reading and learn a bit more. Figured I'd say hello and do a little intro post.

Been casually vaping for a couple years to reduce smoking. Haven't smoked cigarettes for a few years, but do still have a few clove cigars each day. Started vapor with a Totally Wicked Tornado kit that I picked up at a local shop. That lasted for a while, but was never a real great vapor producer.

Then, last summer I picked up a Ego twist battery and a tank that was a knockoff of a Kanger Evod. The tank seemed to cause me to burn up atomizer heads really quickly, so I picked up a ProTank3 Mini around November and have been having more enjoyment since.

For a couple weeks now, I have been having questionable charging (dies quickly some days, but not others) with the Ego twist. Started doing some reading, and seems like the Eleaf iStick 30W is a good and fairly cheap upgrade option. Ordered one the other day, as well as the MELO tank that Eleaf apparently recommends to pair up with it. Hoping that they arrive in the next couple days.

Well, that sums up my vape history. If the new setup works as well as I hope, I will be shooting for dropping the smoking completely in the next week or two.

Looking forward to learning some more! Main question I have at this point is if anyone has used the MELO tank? I have not even seen many vendors carrying it, and searching forums has also not turned up much information thus far. I sort of bought it blindly since it was "recommended" and priced just under $20, just to see what the difference would be when using the 0.5 ohm resistance.

Edited by DirtyBoot

If you're having trouble putting down the tobacco altogether, have you thought about the juice you're using? It may or may not all have to do with the equipment. What mg of nicotine is in your juice? What's the ratio of PG/VG? What resistance coil are you using? All these things factor into whether or not e-cigs will work for you.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)

Hi, Tam...Thanks for the welcome!

It's not that I am having trouble so much as I haven't been really trying. I used to smoke about a pack a day of full strength menthols, and quit completely for two years. Then, one day I decided to start smoking the occasional clove. Been that way now for like 2-1/2 years, where I smoke like 3-6 cloves per day. Mostly at work, or while having a couple beers.

As for the juice, I have mostly been using 18mg 50/50. More recently, I started getting 12mg 50/50, but will probably at least temporarily jump back to 18mg if I like this new rig and drop the cloves completely. My juice brand of preference so far is Moon Mountain (http://www.moonmountainvapor.com/ ... hope links are not prohibited). They are smooth hitting, the mix is always consistent, and the flavors are spot-on.

I think the reason I am thinking of quitting the smokes at this point is convenience. They don't sell them very many places, so it just makes sense to drop them.

Welcome! Clove cigars? I never heard of them. Ironically, my last cigarette 4 May 2013 was an Indonesian clove cigarette. I chose it because they last a really long time and I'd saved it for my final smoke. That didn't work out as well as I planned. You see 4 may 2013 was my 61st birthday and my tobacco addicted mind began playing the usual excuse tricks. I began to think hmmm it's midnight here in Malaysia, but it's only noon yesterday in New York and as I'm an American it's still my birthday in my home country. I have 12 more hours to smoke!!!! Then I thought it's only 9 AM in California, so I really can smoke for 15 more hours. Then I remembered Hawaii.............How the tobacco addiction functions in OCD mind! Sheesh! This vaping thing is surly a life saver. It works so well that I actually think I might live without hacking myself to death as I'd resigned myself to do. I really thought life without smoking wasn't worth living. Now vaping is an alternative that I can live with. (That oughta be a commercial). All rights reserved :)

Welcome to VT. Biggest thing is don't give up. If one setup doesn't work for you, try something else. Different tank, flavor of juice, things of that nature. Stick with it and you will be on your way to smoke free and vape happy.

Five months ago I started an haven't looked back.

And Tam will back me up, you can't have too many back-ups and back-ups for those. The money you save from not smoking offsets the vaping budget.

Yep. Back ups will be your best friend. Just last week my battery died (needed to be recharged), I got my back up battery. Somehow it was dead. Got my other back up battery. It was dead too. Finally, I got my fourth battery and it worked.

Then, the coil died. :wallbash:

Thankfully, I always carry a couple of 5-packs of extra coils so I popped one of those in and... voila! Happiness reigns. :)

Yep. Back ups will be your best friend. Just last week my battery died (needed to be recharged), I got my back up battery. Somehow it was dead. Got my other back up battery. It was dead too. Finally, I got my fourth battery and it worked.

Then, the coil died. wallbash.gif

Thankfully, I always carry a couple of 5-packs of extra coils so I popped one of those in and... voila! Happiness reigns. smile.png

If there is one thing you have pounded into my head Tam it is backups, and it has been so helpful (as seen by my mishap yesturday!) I currently carry 30ml of juice My daily rig with 3 extra coils and 2-18650s. I also carry 2 iSticks with tanks on them. I carry 3 coils for each tank.

Will need to work on backups. I still have my Tornado battery (still works great after 3+ years), and my twist (can be flaky). But, assuming I like the iStick30 when it arrives, I was planning on immediately ordering another. From this input, I may go for two more instead. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and advice!!