Nic level vs Wattage

I only use 18mg with 1.8 ohm at 3.8v but most subohmers seem to use a lot lower nic. The physics make sense the volume of vapor you intake increases so will the amount of nic ingested.

Edited by bcartervol98

Nicotine is more rapidly absorbed by the body at higher temps too... So, yes, as you move to lower and lower Ohm resistances, you should (read MUST) reduce the nicotine levels of your juice or risk getting sick at worst, or a really harsh throat-hit and headache at best.

When I use my RDA below 1 Ohm, I tend to drip only 3mg or 6mg juices (using 3mg if below 0.5 Ohms). In my 1.5-2.0 Ohm tanks, I use 12 or 18mg... and in my RTA with 1.2-1.6 Ohm coils (more vapor/flavor and slightly warmer than tanks), I use 12mg max.

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually something I was looking for! Thanks!

I've been using Halo liquid (Kringles Curse to be exact), but I'm tired of paying $20 for a 30ml bottle, so I'm now mixing my own batches. I was wondering if I should try different concentrations for tank vs RDA.

Most people prefer to go higher VG when using an RDA. In my tanks I prefer a 50/50 blend. When using an RDA, I go higher VG, around 70 - 80%. When I tried doing 50/50 even at 3 mg nic, it still gives off a pretty harsh throat hit (coils built at around 0.6 - 1.0 ohm).