RTA suggestions?

Tug

I'm looking to make the leap into RTA's.I've been building RDA's for a long time now and I need a change.I've heard really good things about the Lemo and orchid.I've considered getting a Russian 91 or Kayfun just as a starter setup.Suggestions please!

I have the Lemo and DEFINITELY recommend it (coming primarily from the Russian 91%/Kayfun, Fogger V4, and the Orchid Vox edition).

When I get home I will buy the Lemo Drop and the Joytech Delta 2 with the rebuildable deck option (loving those single coil tanks).

Edited by dragongunner

I don't have an Orchid, but do have two Russians and a Kayfun V4. I love them all, and each has their advantages. Personally, I think the V4 has advantage of being the most versatile for the money, but the Russians are just rock-soild performers. The V4 is much cheaper than any (good) Russian clone, so that may also be something to consider.

There's a recent thread of mine for the Kayfun V4 Review... I made some comparisons to the Russians, and pointed out the major issue with the V4... the spring!

If someone were to offer me an authentic, my choice, of a Russian, Kayfun V4, Orchid, or Lemo.... I'd be tempted to take the Russian 91%... at least until the V4 spring issue is fixed or re-designed.

I'm looking at a few orchids from $18.00-$20.00.I may pull the trigger on one.I know once I get one I'll be getting more after that eventually. I'm done with cigs forever so at this point I'm vaping for pleasure.I've heard very good things about those Russians,Earthling.

Hey Tug you can't go wrong with the Russian. It's a solid piece of kit and the flavor that it produces is off the charts. Really it depends on what kind of airflow that you like or prefer for mouth to lung or straight up lung hits. When I began vaping I was only doing mouth to lung and the Russian fit the bill, but after a while I began to get into lung hits and the Russian's airflow just could not keep up (even wide open with the screw removed) so I had to move on and eventually got into the Lemo because of it's more open airflow (adjustable). The Orchid on the other hand has great airflow (not adjustable, at least mine is not) that is more suited for lung hits.

I hope this helps you make your decision a little easier.

Edited by dragongunner

Not to turn this into a Kayfun fest, but being a mouth to lung type,
the kayfun style works great for me.

My first kayfun lite for about $ 15, got the Russian for 16 and going all out with the next russian, spending $ 18 and these clones, so far, have been perfect for the last 6 months.

For me, a simple deck to build on, easy to maintain, lots of tank options and wet vape. Yea, I am a fan.

Im going to get a Kayfun eventually. I'm going to go with an Orchid V4 clone for my first RTA.Im also in the market for a new mech mod.I'm considering a Cartel boss in 26650.I think these two would look really Good together

• 2 weeks later...

tobeco kayfun v4 does it for me :D

like being able to access the build deck whenever I want without having to dump the tank. :D

Yeah I agree,this orchid is OK but its super messy to disassemble and rebuild.my friend uses an RSST and he loves it for that reason you stated.

• 3 weeks later...