Smoktech XPRO M65 Anyone have one or the M50?

I just ordered the new M65 and was wondering if anyone else has one?One thing I liked was the ability to use a RDA with it, it can go into a mech mode where it bypasses the regulation of the circuit board and allows you to go down to .2 ohms. I am new to vaping and really don't understand the benefits that come from sub ohming, if anyone can explain that would be great. What would you say would be a good tank or RDA for it? I currently have a VTR and use the PT2, ICLEAR 30S and the Aspire Nautilus, but if sub ohming is the bomb I will order one of the new sub ohm tanks or dive in and get a RDA, time will tell. I scored this one for $50 which I thought was a decent deal and now I have a back up to my VTR, although the VTR may become the back up to the M65, we will see, lol!!!!! Let me know what y'all think and thanks ahead of time.

NCH

I don't know what my obsession with these little boxes is!

Same as my obsession... They're SHINY! :D

And it doesn't hurt that they're priced low enough to buy one a month and not notice the hit in your bank account! Buying my IPV-mini was like buying a carton of smokes... and I use to be a carton per week smoker :)

Same as my obsession... They're SHINY! :D

And it doesn't hurt that they're priced low enough to buy one a month and not notice the hit in your bank account! Buying my IPV-mini was like buying a carton of smokes... and I use to be a carton per week smoker :)

Do you pick up anything shiny when you were a kid....lol I did and still. Hypnotized by shiny

Same as my obsession... They're SHINY! biggrin.png

And it doesn't hurt that they're priced low enough to buy one a month and not notice the hit in your bank account! Buying my IPV-mini was like buying a carton of smokes... and I use to be a carton per week smoker smile.png

I think you are right. I was paying over $50 a carton. When I quit I was smoking 3 cartons in 2 weeks (depending on my activities). So than means I can get 4 mods under $50 and 240 ml of juice a month! I'll be right back I am going to go tell my wife....lol

Do you pick up anything shiny when you were a kid....lol I did and still. Hypnotized by shiny

I cruise about 10 webpages a day looking for new stuff I don't need, but really, really want! I keep saying that I was perfectly happy with the iStick and Nautilus, but I think they have been replaced by Sigelei and SubTankMini...

Lmao. Good luck with that. I tried to tell my wife the same thing

Ha ha. I know better (than to try it again). She is generally pretty cool about it, but here lately she has increased her spending as a result. I am going to have to take a break, but they keep coming out with new stuff. I for one am glad to see the Chinese New Year! Well kinda...

I have never seen my postal lady as much as I have in the last 2 weeks. It was 2 weeks ago that I received my first vaping device and the orders haven't stopped. Last night I ordered the Atlantis Sub tank. I will probably order the Kanger one as well, lol!!!! My name is Kevin and I have a Vaping Addiction!!!!!!!! I will report back when the M65 gets here and I have had a chance to use it a bit. I also ordered the Efest 18650 2500 mah, 35A batteries to power the thing. Does it ever stop, lol!!!!!!

I have never seen my postal lady as much as I have in the last 2 weeks. It was 2 weeks ago that I received my first vaping device and the orders haven't stopped. Last night I ordered the Atlantis Sub tank. I will probably order the Kanger one as well, lol!!!! My name is Kevin and I have a Vaping Addiction!!!!!!!! I will report back when the M65 gets here and I have had a chance to use it a bit. I also ordered the Efest 18650 2500 mah, 35A batteries to power the thing. Does it ever stop, lol!!!!!!

Take a lot of pictures and post a review when you get it! I really like the way it looks and it seems to have some unique features.

I just realized that no one had given you any info on sub-ohming :)

Sub-ohming is for true cloud-chasers and those that want really intense flavors. Personally, I've tried 0.3 Ohm builds on my RDA and I can honestly take it or leave it... usually the latter, although when I do drip, I find my dripping juice has best flavor ~ 0.8 Ohms. Mostly, though, I use my RTA's because I don't like carrying my juice bottle around, lol... and flavor/vapor from my RTA's is best with builds from 1.3 - 1.6 Ohms.

Sub-ohming has it's appeal, but not necessarily the next progression of vaping... just like driving for NASCAR is not the next progression after getting a driver's license.... Despite all the news stories, pictures of people blowing room-filling clouds, and people at the B&M hyping their 0.00001 Ohm builds that make flavor so intense that you can smell colors... those that sub-ohm are a huge minority of the vaping society... It also takes a bit of knowledge and proper equipment to sub-ohm safely and responsibly... which is why the media hypes cloud-chasers a lot... just like they portray all motorcycle owners belong to Hell's Angels... or all gun-owners as commando-wanna-be's... the media wants to paint the image of all vapers as cloud-chasers (to fit the agenda of government regulators and big-tobacco). -- yeah, I got on my soap-box :)

Vaping is what you want it to be... if you're happy with a drop-in coil tank-system and a stick-battery... nobody will think less of you :) But, I will say, vaping quickly DOES become a hobby with all the shiny gadgets on the market these days.... and there's nothing wrong with sub-ohming... if that is what you like :D Just be SAFE!

Thanks for explaining that. One of my big issues is that I can taste the flavors the way others do. I can tell that a juice is banana or some other flavor, but it is no where near as entense as others seem to claim. I am disabled and have multiple chronic conditions and I have been on various meds over the years, maybe they did something to my sense of taste. Everywhere you turn people say that sub ohming gives the most flavor. I couldn't give 2 cents for being a cloud chaser, lol!!!!!! The new sub ohm tanks might be the best of both worlds, at least that is what I got after watching videos on YOUTUBE. You supposedly get the power increase that makes the flavor more etense, but you don't have to apply juice every few hits. I really don't want to get into making my own coils, at least I say that now, lol!!!! I needed a back up for when my VTR's threads give up the ghost, so now I have one. Yes, I will do my best at giving a reveiw with lots of pics. If anyone has specific questions about the M50/M65 I will do my best to answer them. I just got a email from the place I bought it from and I paid for Priority Flat Rate mail, but the email says it shipped via first class mail. Not real happy about that!!!!!!! I also ordered the Atlantis sub ohm tank, and will probably order one of the Kanger subtanks as well. Hope y'all have a great day.

God Bless

Kevin

I got the M65 last night and the Atlantis the day before. All I can say is , I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I new the sub ohm would produce more of a cloud which I told myself that I am not into, but it is kinda cool to blow huge clouds. The flavor level has increased for me, so for me it is a win win. The only thing I need now is the larger tank for the Atlantis, cuz the one on the standard Atlantis just isn't big enough. I love how small the M65 is, I didn't realize it would be so small. I used the EFEST, 18650, 2500 MAH, 35A, and they seem to be doing well with this device. If I use a 2 amp wall charger it will charge the batteries in less than an hour. With those speeds there is no need to remove the batteries and use my XTAR charger. Nevermind all those that are whining about the screws on the bottom. Took me 3 min to install the batteries from start to finish, no big deal. It seems to be reading the ohm's of the tank much more accurate than my VTR. The VTR will now be collecting dust, and it is now my back up. I want to order the subtank mini and the new one from Smok. I will report back with a short review after they arrive. Thumbs up from me for the M65!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I saw the M65 at a new B&M last week was too afraid to ask what they wanted for it. Then I see it for 40 bucks online from 121vape. Glad to hear a good review of it. I guess you've had it for a while now. Just wondering about how good the onboard charging feature works. I really don't want to buy a charger.