Weirdest Food You've Ever Eaten

Comp and I were taking about cooking the other day and we both love to cook. It got me thinking about the different kinds of foods I've tried over the years and I realized that I've never really tried anything way out of the ordinary like scorpions or chocolate covered grasshoppers and whatnot, lol.

I'd have to say that the most unusual food I've ever had was some deer sirloin which, while not very exotic or rare, was delicious.

Also, if a place I go to has duck on the menu I always order it.

I used to deliver food to Chinese resturants. Besides the 100 year old duck eggs I had a special delivery once. This was for an upcoming wedding that was happening in the owners family. No I did not eat the egg lol, but one of the items was jelly fish. The cook asked if I wanted to try it. Well I was aware that refusing it was concidered an insult so I did. I can't say I liked it, I would rather it be cooked lol. It was a strange flavor and in my opinion more rubbery than octopuss. I was also given some calamri (sp) or squid. I liked the jelly fish better. lol

My favorite from Mexico is barbacoa (BBQ cow head). The tongue and eyes are the best

It is really common around here. My wife, who is Hispanic calls it "cheek meat" for us white guys. I have not eaten it many times, but it reminded me of roast beef.

The small town I live in is probably 80 percent Hispanic and 20 percent hillbilly and we do have many unique dishes. We have a large population of semi-legal people from Mexico, it is a different culinary culture. Normal stuff during the summer it is goat roasts, calf fries, shrimp/crawdad boils and regular barbeques. I am not too adventurous myself.

It is really common around here. My wife, who is Hispanic calls it "cheek meat" for us white guys. I have not eaten it many times, but it reminded me of roast beef.

The small town I live in is probably 80 percent Hispanic and 20 percent hillbilly and we do have many unique dishes. We have a large population of semi-legal people from Mexico, it is a different culinary culture. Normal stuff during the summer it is goat roasts, calf fries, shrimp/crawdad boils and regular barbeques. I am not too adventurous myself.

I eat alot of this food due to the guys I work with. Most of them are from the valley and all Texas. I know when we go to another state we always try and find goats for the start of a new job BBQ. Baby goat is some good stuff. The VIP mascot is yummy lol

I eat alot of this food due to the guys I work with. Most of them are from the valley and all Texas. I know when we go to another state we always try and find goats for the start of a new job BBQ. Baby goat is some good stuff. The VIP mascot is yummy lol

My wife's family was from the valley, but she was born up here on the plains. When I managed a cotton gin my night crew all came from the valley. They would have their wives make extra food and share it with me. There is nothing better than a hot cup of coffee and a mystery taco at 4am after changing a motor outside in the blowing snow! I miss the tacos but not the work!

Ok it not weird to me but then again my wife and I watch those "Crazy Food Shows" and when they are in the south we are always like "Whats weird about that?"

I grew up regularly eating all sorts of wild game including squirrels, rabbit, deer, dove, quail, groundhog, raccoon and others I am sure. We fished a lot and ate fish, turtle and crawfish a lot too. We regularly ate chitlins and Mountain Oysters. I learned at an early age the most tasty part of a squirrel is the brain and tongue and we cooked the squirrel heads in the stew when we cooked squirrel stew. Chicken hearts, livers and gizzards were also a huge item we ate growing up.

With that said, I grew up on a farm and have gotten a bit "citified" lol. We still eat game as my son and I are big hunters and fishermen but have found lately other than wild game about as crazy as we get is Escargot at the Country Club we belong to and I never miss a chance at good Calamari (Not the rings mass produced but the real Calamari with tentacles) when it is available. I will try about anything once, most things twice!

If it's walked, crawled, hopped, flew, or swam, I've probably eaten it... but the strangest thing I ever ate was back in college (no, not goldfish)...

My roommate had served 5-yrs in the Army, stationed in Korea, and he kept begging me to go with him to this authentic Korean restaurant, so I finally relented and we went. He ordered in Korean, and said "trust me, you'll love it"... and I did... it was delicious food, and tons of it! I never asked what it was we ate, but years later I heard the name again and asked what it was... all I'll say is this... "I apologize often to my dogs"...

If it's walked, crawled, hopped, flew, or swam, I've probably eaten it... but the strangest thing I ever ate was back in college (no, not goldfish)...

My roommate had served 5-yrs in the Army, stationed in Korea, and he kept begging me to go with him to this authentic Korean restaurant, so I finally relented and we went. He ordered in Korean, and said "trust me, you'll love it"... and I did... it was delicious food, and tons of it! I never asked what it was we ate, but years later I heard the name again and asked what it was... all I'll say is this... "I apologize often to my dogs"...

You may be my brother from another mother! I am ready for spring to go get a sack full of frog legs! I am an animal lover, I absolutely LOVE the way they taste when properly prepared haha.