All about the cotton

joejoevapekins

Yes. There's a naked mummy running around somewhere.

Hope its not from the crotch area lol. From what I've seen and read. It's on par with Japanese cotton if not better. Some say it wicks better. Basically a sumo fight went down between rayon and Japanese cotton and this stuff is the bellybutton love juice

I've been looking on amazon 200pc for like $8.00. Just can't convince myself to buy it lol. Want to try it first but I be damned if ima pay a B&M $10 for 5pc

That's what I have... and it works great, and tastes great. Compared to KGD, I find no difference, other than price.

KGD is just a brand-name, like Mabelline or Cover-Girl... and price tends to reflect the brand-name....

I just pulled the trigger on 2 packs of the MUJI cotton pads Large size Size : 3.5" x 2.8". That's 240 pads for $15.85 including shipping. :) If they work as well as the KGD, I'll be replacing my Organic Cotton Balls permanently. ;) I will then be able to start rebuilding the Kanger Sub Tank and Aspire coil heads as well. I have tried the cotton balls for these and it was a PITA.

Does anyone else who uses Koh Gen Doh peel off the stiffer outer layer of the pad? I do and user just the inner portion. I'm not sure if there is any difference but it has become a habit.

Edited by dragongunner

Does anyone else who uses Koh Gen Doh peel off the stiffer outer layer of the pad? I do and user just the inner portion. I'm not sure if there is any difference but it has become a habit.

I've left it alone, and I've peeled away one (or both) side(s) when using smaller diameter coils. I've seen no real difference between leaving the outer-layer alone, or taking it off. Once the outer layer gets soaked, it expands and wicks as well as the inner layer... at least that is my opinion/observation.

I peel off the outter layers.

Just because it fits more easily through the 2mm coils without said outter layers in place.

With them in place it is too thick/stiff to get through the coil which would cause performance problems.

I am finally down to my last piece of my first pad of cotton and I bought that stuff a good month ago or so... rewick every 2 days. Those pads last a good while!

That's what I have... and it works great, and tastes great. Compared to KGD, I find no difference, other than price.

KGD is just a brand-name, like Mabelline or Cover-Girl... and price tends to reflect the brand-name....

Yes, Koh Gen Do is a brand name, but a more fair comparison would be:

Koh Gen Do = Este Lauder/Clinique ($30 a bottle of foundation)

store brand = Mabelline/Cover Girl ($7 a bottle of foundation)

:lol: