Tanks and Coils

ICords81

I was hoping for some suggestions with regards to tanks. If somebody could explain if there are benefits to low resistance coils, I would be appreciative. Further, to give some clarification about the request for tank suggestion, I think I like the concept of little to no DIY, but overtime cost is important too.

ICords81 the benefits of low resistance coils are you get better flavor profile from your juice as well as getting better vapor production.

Another thing about the low resistance coils is that along with the better vapor production you will also get a warmer/hotter vapor when you take a drag.

But with low resistance coils i believe when you get down to 1.0 ohm and lower e.g. 0.8,0.7,.0.5 you start getting into whats known as sub-ohm, which is not nescisarily a bad thing you just need to make sure you understand ohm's law and do plenty of research so you can vape safely.

As far as tank suggestions i can only suggest what i use/like and you can try them but when it comes down to it, it is a matter of personal preference. For a beginner tank i suggest either an Aspire Nautilus or a Nautilus Mini which is what i use.

They both are good tanks and are fairly simple to use and maintain and they also have adjustable airflow on the bottom so you can set it where you like, the only differences between the two tanks is that the Nautilus holds 5ml of e-liquid and uses BDC (bottom dual coils) and the Nautilus Mini holds 2 ml of e-liquid and use BVC (bottom vertical coil) but you can use the different coils in either tank because they are interchangable.

This is just my opinion as far as tanks go and my current understanding on resistance on coils. and of course if there is anything i missed there are several knowledgable people here on this form who will fill in the information i missed.

I have a super low maintenance tank that I have been more than happy with! Just open cap to fill with liquid and then screw on to your battery! Easy as that! Its dual coal so it produces a really large and yummy amount of Vapor! I have been to one store that has had them in Sarasota but I ended up ordering mine offline from the JuicyShop!

For me, you can't beat Kanger tanks for cost and performance. The single-coil tanks (KPT2, KPT2-mini) are excellent, and the cheapest to operate. Coils (in bulk) avg ~ $0.60/coil, and they will last from 1-3 weeks. Their dual-coil tanks (KPT3, KPT3-mini, AeroTank, Aerotank-mini) provide a little more flavor/vapor, but the coils are a little more expensive, and still last from 1-3 weeks (depending on your vaping style, juice, etc.).

I've tried dozens of different tanks, and continue to go back to my KPT2 and Aerotanks. They are cheaper than a Nautilus, no leaks, low maintenance, and durable!

I would suggest using the 1.8 Ohm coils with either of these tanks, as they provide a good median-vape experience. 1.5 Ohm coils will be a little warmer vape, but they will also run down your battery faster. Personally, I use both, because a couple of my juices taste better when ran through a 1.5 Ohm coil :)

I use the Aspire Davide (Cheaper and better built than Kanger imo) and toss the dual coils it comes with and use only single coils. It uses the same coils that KPT 2s use that are <$1 each and has been the best tank I have used and I have used a ton. Everything else is either stored or given away. I even got my wife to finally give up the plastic tanks with this one.

About $14 at sweet-vapes.com and I usually shop for my best deal on coils but generally get a box of 50 for $47 or $48.

Edited by bcartervol98

Earthling...what are your thoughts on the Kanger Aerotank V2?

I've not tried one yet, but I plan to pick up one in the near future, just because I like the updated airflow base :) I may even grab two :D

I use the Aspire Davide (Cheaper and better built than Kanger imo) and toss the dual coils it comes with and use only single coils. It uses the same coils that KPT 2s use that are <$1 each and has been the best tank I have used and I have used a ton. Everything else is either stored or given away. I even got my wife to finally give up the plastic tanks with this one.

About $14 at sweet-vapes.com and I usually shop for my best deal on coils but generally get a box of 50 for $47 or $48.

I really should try a Davide tank... but I recently cut down my excess tanks and paid-forward six KPT2's... still have six :) If you shop around, you can find Kanger single-coils in 50-packs for $28-36. The last case I bought was $34.99, but I also had a 15% off coupon-code, which made them $29.75 or < 60 cents each...

You really should try the Anyvape Davide tanks (both the full sized and the mini). They vape much better than the Kanger Pro Tanks. And yes, I still use and love my Kanger tanks but Davides work better -- for me. :)

Newbie here also & from my experience sooo far,,

I carry a Nautilus Mini on a Sigelei Zmax Mod on my belt fer werk rig & have a Kanger Aerotank Giant on a Vamo V8 next ta my recliner at home....

The dual coils is the way ta go IMHO...

• 1 year later...

The biggest benefits to low resistance coils is that they produce more vapor. Use a low resistance coil, with a liquid e juice  the atomizer-heating coil will draw more current through it, which causes it to produce much more heat than a standard resistance. This process creates more vapor. E-cig tanks are needed to enjoy a great vape. Innokin Prism T22 is the best e-cig juice tank. Innokin Prism T22 is geared towards beginners, advanced vapers many also enjoy its simplicity in design and functionality.

• 2 weeks later...