Chrome problems

I've been using Chrome for the past several months and haven't had much problems with it. On occasion I get a slow load on a page but otherwise... it's been fine. Wonder why it's giving you problems? Are you using mobile or desktop?

Chrome is also the slower, more memory intensive browser between Firefox.

Yeah, I'm aware that each tab opened in Chrome is opened in a new process, it's own window so it's like opening another program and leaving it running. If you don't have much RAM, it can kill your speed, but with 32 gigs of RAM running on an AMD Phenom II quad core processor, I think I'm okay. :)

Chrome is also the slower, more memory intensive browser between Firefox.

And?

For one Chrome's spell checker puts all others to shame. It doesn't just check individual words, it checks them in context, e.g. there vs. their, where vs. were vs. ware etc. I can also easily keep track of my 2 separate Google Voice accounts/phone numbers from my main account. And the fast voice search works well.

Don't need you to tell me which browser I should use. No is this forum area meant for your browser, fanboi insights.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a reply here but for some reason it didn't show up before I left for Shanghai. I actually code the forum and use Chrome as my primary browser so it is in fact, very Chrome friendly.

Most of the issues that are reported actually come down to the reply box, naturally a big part of the forum. The box you use to type in, edit and post comments is from a 3rd party developer IPB hires to assist with their forum software. It has some bugs of which we're aware.

With that said though, we're due here pretty soon for a huge forum upgrade. We are running on IPB 3.X and plan to upgrade to 4.0 shortly which is a large upgrade, once that happens, most of the bugs reported will be resolved so there isn't much point in patching them up now as the editor we'll be using is completely different. Hang tight and we'll have most of these bugs ironed out soon :)

In the mean time, if the bug is fairly large and you believe it's affecting your overall experience, post back here with some screenshots of the exact issue with as much detail as possible (So I can try to replicate the issue) and I'll see what we can't do to get it fixed.