Aspire Nautilus Mini - Hard to Disassemble?

Does anyone else have issues with the Aspire Nautilus Mini? I sometimes have a VERY difficult time removing the base so I can refill it. That darn thing really sticks in place sometimes. Maybe I'm over tightening it when I put it together?

The full size Nautilus isn't so much of an issue because the size makes it a bit easier to deal with...

I have the same trouble as you guys. I usually let a little juice get on the gasket to make it slide easier when I put it together, but I do seem to over tighten it a bit. I have never had a problem, but it has been stubborn to get apart.

I also have had the trouble with the coil coming out with the top part. I have never figured out why it is doing that. I happened most if I am trying to drive and refill the tank at the same time...so then I have to pull over. I have quit doing that...lol it was dangerous. I wish they would come up with a 3+ ml version. I have switched to the Delta 19 just for this reason. The full size was too big and the small is too small...

I have the coil get stuck a couple times, but can usually get it out with my fingers. It makes me nervous taking it apart because I feel like I may break the glass. One thing nice about the tight fit though is I know it won't leak. I'm sure that is why it is the way it is.

I perform surgery on my wife's tanks often. Stuck threads, spray with upside down can of duster super freeze it. Comes apart.

I bet you're on to something there... Now that I think about it, every time I have one stick is because I've been using the tank for a while. I'm willing to bet heat has expanded the metal of the coil, causing it to bind with the metal/threads of the center tube....

Next time I refill, I'll let it sit for a while to cool down, and then see if the coil sticks as badly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I perform surgery on my wife's tanks often. Stuck threads, spray with upside down can of duster super freeze it. Comes apart.

OMG you saved my sanity, I'd literally tried every trick in every forum, and upside down duster saved the day! Thank you soooooooo much

I just had this problem with my mini before I read this post. My fiancé has three and never has a problem. I have one mini and two full size. Never a problem with the full size.

Needed channel lock pliers with the mini. She said it was probably because I over tightened it.

We originally had this problem with hers before we realized that over tight was not good.

*duh* I forgot about that.wallbash.gifpopo.gif

So yeah don't over tighten them. Make it just tight enough so it doesn't leak.