VTR Power Consumption ?

NCHornet

If I leave my VTR on accidentally, will it continue to drain the battery? I wouldn't think so because nothing should be requiring power, but I wanted to ask to be sure. It is very easy to forget to turn it off, if they would have used a small light on it that would stay lit every time the power is on would act as a reminder to turn it off, just a thought.

I never bothered to turn it off when I went to bed - the power drain is exceptionally minimal. I never turned off my ego batteries, either, at night. They didn't get turned off until I stopped using them (now they belong to my sister). I never bothered to turn my MVP off, either. I think it's still sitting here powered on, with almost a full charge about six months after it's last use, other than to check resistance on a tank or something.

I rarely turn off any of my eGo's, MVP, iSticks, IPV, etc., unless I'm traveling with them and fear buttons may be pressed in transit (like if in my pocket).... I'm sure there is some type of minimal drain on the APVs (due to circuitry), but it is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

I rarely turn off any of my eGo's, MVP, iSticks, IPV, etc., unless I'm traveling with them and fear buttons may be pressed in transit (like if in my pocket).... I'm sure there is some type of minimal drain on the APVs (due to circuitry), but it is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

This. The drain on the battery is extremely low, most of these devices only have an off feature to prevent accidental misfire while in a pocket. I have an ego that sat in a drawer for almost a year before I needed it again and it was still charged.

Luckily, since the only way to turn a Sigelei Zmax V5 is to remove the battery (then you can put it back in, just not turn it on) there is a "display lock". Okay, at first I thought it locked the display so that if the button was pushed accidentally (like will happen in a purse) it doesn't do anything on the menu, or fire it up. Nope, it only keeps it from firing it up - which is good enough for me. When it's going to be in my purse for a significant amount of time - like at the doctor's office - to keep it from triggering. I just double check all the settings before I fire it up to make sure they haven't been changed. But with the VTR and the MVP, the buttons were stiff enough I didn't HAVE to worry about them accidentally getting triggered.