Kanger Subtank On A Mech Mod?

I've seen plenty of reviews about the new Kanger Subtank, but they all seem to show it being used on APVs. Does anyone here have any experience using the Subtank on a mech mod, and if so, what's your opinion of it's performance without power regulation? I'm sure it will do just fine in RBA mode...I'm mainly concerned with its performance in clearo mode .

kangertech-subtank-clearomizer.jpg

Well, let's do the math... :D

The lowest factory clearo coil available from Kanger is a 0.5 Ohm coil... and a mech-mod's fully charged battery will be @ 4.1V (4.2V peak)

So, that means max Amp draw would be 8.2A @ 4.1V, and power would be 33.62W

Using a high-Wattage APV would allow you to exceed the capabilities of a mech-mod, and push the Wattage well beyond 34W. However, how well that coil would wick, or perform under, say 50W, would be impossible to guess... and would depend on the juice, too.

The Kanger Subtank product page states: "OCC: 0.5 Sub Ohm / Range 15 - 30 W", so given that I try not to drain my batteries below 3.5v, that would put me between ~35 watts / 8½ amps @ 4.2 v, and ~24½ watts / 7 amps @ 3.5 v. That's a little on the high side with a fresh battery but not by much.

Everything looks pretty good on paper (from the numbers), but I'd still like to hear from someone who's used it on a mech mod.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been running my subtank on my mechmod for two days now, and it works like a charm! :)

As my vaporshark rDNA has a faulty button that works when it wants to, i had to send it back to the vendor. So meanwhile im only using my mechmod.

I were running only RDA's until i tought about the 0,5 ohm coils and that it would turn out to under 40w, so i gave it a go.. must say i am very impressed!

Mech mods are also my preferred mods, as they just work every time you press that button.

Edited by znorlax

• 1 month later...

been using my subtank mini on my cartel clone for 3 days....its works just fine. I dont like taking deep long draws on it, the taste starts to go a bit yucky. I do prefer to run it on my ipv mini at 20w.