Kanger SUBTANK vs. Aspire Atlantis,which one would you pick?

My only problem with the subtank is how huge it is.it over hangs on a lot of devices and that would really bother me.it looks cool don't get me wrong I like the option of coil heads or RTA but I like how simple the Atlantis looks and honestly I'd rather just get the Atlantis and an Orchid or kayfun lite.

My only problem with the subtank is how huge it is.it over hangs on a lot of devices and that would really bother me

On my Sigelei it hangs off about 1/2mm. With the rubber sleeve on it it lines up perfectly. Have you tried a Sub Tank yet? I'm a service tech, so driving around all day and not having to fill my tank 2, 3 or 4 times a day was another factor.

Update. I've decided to change the coil head after about 2 weeks of hard use, I bought single blister packs of the .5 ohm coils and I am not impressed. I cant get them to wick right. Dry hits all day. Has anybody ran into this? and where are you getting your coil heads? I love this tank but i am about to give up on it. It seems i am the opposite of most people, the coil head i got in the package was the best one. BTW I keep thinning my juice so its not that, I'm down to 50/50 or thinner.

Edited by redneck vaper

Update. I've decided to change the coil head after about 2 weeks of hard use, I bought single blister packs of the .5 ohm coils and I am not impressed. I cant get them to wick right. Dry hits all day. Has anybody ran into this? and where are you getting your coil heads? I love this tank but i am about to give up on it. It seems i am the opposite of most people, the coil head i got in the package was the best one. BTW I keep thinning my juice so its not that, I'm down to 50/50 or thinner.

Subtank or Atlantis?

*EDIT*

Subtank...I just found your earlier post.

Edited by Rixter

I'm not, running 80VG juice. What wattage are you running at? I ran my Atlantis between 35-40 watts but my Sub I only have to run between 25 and 28 watts.

Also, I prime my new OCC heads and let them soak for about 10 minutes before I start them up.

*EDIT*

The first head change I did I had dry hits on a 60VG juice. A chocolate variant.

I re-wicked with a 50/50 juice and then tried the 60VG again and had no problems. Thats when I realized that I was burning the cotton because I had the wattage jacked up too high.

I now know 4 people personally that have the Subtank and they are all running at 25ish watts with no issues.

Edited by Mplough

I'm running it at 25 watts. I've noticed after I take a hit, I have a good bubble coming from one side and barely anything on the other. When i was using the coil that came in it, I would get a good bubble out of each side every hit. I've noticed if i give it a primer puff in between hits its better, but knowing how it should perform it's still annoying when you have to do that. I'm going to order new coils and try them, but at almost 5 bucks a pop it gets expensive when they are sub-par.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Personally I am going to start using the RBA for my Chocolate Peanutbutter vape. The darker juices tend to cake up your coils quickly and 100ft of Kanthal builds a lot of coils for $6.00 so I'm right there with you on the cost!

I'm going to order new coils and try them, but at almost 5 bucks a pop it gets expensive when they are sub-par.

FastTech has Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Coil Heads (5-Pack) 0.5ohm (15-30W) for $12.23 if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks to get them from China. There are also quite a few videos I've seen on YouTube that show how to rebuild your coil heads yourself.

There are also quite a few videos I've seen on YouTube that show how to rebuild your coil heads yourself.

I have rebuilt a few of mine and there is a fine line between getting it right and having it flood or dry hit.

I've noticed after I take a hit, I have a good bubble coming from one side and barely anything on the other.

I'm not sure that's is a good gauge of performance. I've been vaping on my tank all day and have been watching the head. I only get bubbles out of one side and not the other. Again, not performance issues..

I'm running it at 25 watts. I've noticed after I take a hit, I have a good bubble coming from one side and barely anything on the other. When i was using the coil that came in it, I would get a good bubble out of each side every hit. I've noticed if i give it a primer puff in between hits its better, but knowing how it should perform it's still annoying when you have to do that. I'm going to order new coils and try them, but at almost 5 bucks a pop it gets expensive when they are sub-par.

Working any better? Sweet Vapes has OEM heads for $14.95 box of 5

• 4 weeks later...

....yeah that's what i said. If you get an Atlantis you may want to take 15 minutes to learn how to recoil the heads yourself. I am told that the center is Kanthal but the leads are Nichrome, some 'special' blend that Aspire has made. I have recoiled my old ones with Kanthal and the flavor is better. I know a fella that has done his in G-plat (spelling?) and it's even better BUT the tanks does get hot enough to cook and egg on it.

I never had a problem with my subtank. I like it more.then my atlantis. I got the mini. Only.problem I had is the pin on the rba deck is loose out of the box, so it fell apart and I lost a piece. Besides that its awesome

IMHO... i am enjoying my sub tank mini, all coils measure what they claim they are. I still have not played with the rba deck yet, the prefab coils are working fine. I have gotten a dry hit if i take a lonnngggg drag. I am using it on mech mod and ipv mini. The sub mini has become my work horse tank, looks well on what ever i attach it too. I am a bit jealous that the sub tank can top fill and mini can not. so i give it a 4.5/5.0.

The atlantis is on my wish list

IMO the Delta II was simply better than the other two. Just comes down to flavor for me... And I like the coils much better! They seem to wick much better than the sub tank coils for me. Not to mention seem to last longer. Don't get me wrong, I still use my Atlantis too... the sub tank is not in my rotation however.

I will probably do that actually. I'll count how many coils I have for it and let you know.

Or....if you are interested I'll swap you for an Atlantis tank and a 4ml extension, Aspire brand neither are clones. Either way PM me.

I am a bit jealous that the sub tank can top fill and mini can not. so i give it a 4.5/5.0.

I have the 25mm Subtank and it's not a top fill design (unless I'm missing something). It fills by unscrewing the bottom section below the Pyrex tank, like the Subtank Mini & Subtank Nano, as well as the Aspire Atlantis.

As far as the Delta II goes, I've checked it out, and while it's pretty cool looking and probably performs quite well, I can't see how it could possibly outperform the Subtank, which will completely fog your living room in mere moments if you don't watch out. Also, the Delta II's coil heads are pretty pricey and don't look like they'd be nearly as easy to rebuild as the Subtank's OCC heads.

If I had to pick just one (Atlantis vs. Subtank vs. Delta II), I'd take the Subtank simply because the coil heads seem to be the easiest rebuild of the three.