Can the vape really replace cigarettes to reduce harm to the body

eciga

I am troubled by the smoking,and the electronic ciga or vape seems to be a preferable alternate,I googled that the Electronic cigarette was invented by a Chinese and has been developed for just 10 years,I wonder it can really replace cigarettes to reduce harm to the body.

Edited by eciga

How much do/did you smoke analogs? How long have you been doing it? When you googled ecigs or vapeing what else did you find besides the "Chinese invented it"? What do you use to vape with, if you vape? Ok, that's probably enough questions for now. Welcome to VT!

Edited by fishguy1123

Well, I've been vaping exclusively for 3 years now--not one cheat. This site is solely responsible for aiding me through the transition, which took many months. It is obviously much safer than cigarettes. The only thing that troubles me is that if I didn't have my vape I would go back to regular cigarettes. It's not so much the nicotine as it is the oral fixation. But, I guess that is not the e-cigarette's fault.

There used to be a website called http://www.TVECA.com however lately I've been having trouble finding it. However, as a vap-er since the beginning, I can tell you it is at least 10,000 times healthier than analogs. There are over 10,000 "known" chemicals (and an undetermined amount of undiscovered hazards) found in traditional tobacco cigarette smoke. Compare to the four (yes 4) ingredients in e-cigs. The most controversial being the propylene glycol, or "PG" which is used in other food, beverage, and cosmetics which some liken to "anti-freeze" but is safe for consumption.. Today almost all e juice is comprised of a mixture of PG and VG (vegetable glycerin,) made strictly from vegetables. PG produces more vapor while VG is sweeter producing more flavor. Most e juices fall somewhere between 50/50, and the highest I've seen.. 80/20 ratio. Aside from that one (or combination of the two,) the only other ingredients should be; water, nicotine (ranging from zero up to as high as 36 mg, and the flavoring. There are over 30,000+ flavor combinations and counting. Anyway that's my two cents for now hope that helps.

Edited by Tam
Removed spammy content.

I‘m so happy that so many friends gave me suggestions,thank you very much,a friend recommended trying a fashion vape named iphenix vapor with many flavors,but I did have no idea, I hope more friends give me a reference proposal.

Edited by eciga

I‘m so happy that so many friends gave me suggestions,thank you very much,a friend recommended trying a fashion vape named iphenix vapor with many flavors,but I did have no idea, I hope more friends give me a reference proposal.

Do you work for Eciga?

Hi, I'm new to this convo here. But the only risk, so far, that I've read about (other than batteries exploding because of improper charging, and the risk of nicotine poisoning if you - and why would anyone do this - drink the juice, or if you are dealing straight 99% nic to DIY your own juice (my husband orders his pre-cut to a nic/PG mix at 12 mg) and get it on your skin - that's why gloves are needed if you deal with that stuff, the only study that I've seen that has shown any risk from e-cigs is that, essentially, inhaling the vapor from juice opens up your airway cells to lung infections (I can't say that I've had that problem, and I'm immunosuppressed from medication, and I've been vaping for a year and half). But no one knew what the effect of inhaling liquid, in vapor form, would have on the lungs, since it's different than smoke.

I don't anyone has ever said that there is no risk at all with e-cigs, but that it's "harm reduction" - it's still so new, studies are still being done. I'm just tired of everyone trotting out the line that the only reason they make it in flavors is to attract kids. My taste buds didn't stop working when I reached the magical number of 18, and if they tasted like Marlboros, I'd likely still be smoking. The switch was easier for me because the e-cig (the juice) tasted better.