Can't lay a Kayfun 3.1 on it's side? And I have to keep it vertical when vaping from it?

spydre

Well, about a week or so ago, once I got my needletip bottles in, he broke it down, put it back together, it filled beautifully using the needletip bottle, filled it with about twice as much juice - with more room to go - than I'd been able to by top filling it. Finished that tank, or rather, got it where the juice level was right around even with the bottom of the window, went to fill it again, after filling it halfway (to about the level I could fill it to when I top filled it), it stopped evacuating air we tried to fill it through the fill hole. So it has to get taken apart and the holes cleaned out again, although I don't know what could have happened in the space of just a couple of hours when it was hanging around my neck in the pouch on the lanyard. Have to wait until my new juice order comes in, though. I have less than 5 ml of Cactus Juice on hand, and wow, do I suck through juice when I'm vaping out of that thing. Well, then again, the amount I'm vaping period has skyrocketed, it's just it goes even quicker vaping from the Kayfun.

But when he rebuilds it, he's taking the silica coil out, and putting cotton in. How do you know when it's time to replace the cotton, BTW?

I replace my cotton (Japanese Organic) about every 4th or 5th tank, or if the flavor starts to fall-off, but usually it takes more than 4 or 5 tanks for the flavor to change since I switched to Japanese cotton. Typically, I run each of my Russians dry at least once during the weekend, so that is when I try to re-wick them... so, about once a week? But could probably stretch that farther, since the flavor is still consistent.

Dirty socks, joejoe?

Japanese organic cotton is what we have here, too. Can't remember where my SO get it - mail order - but he was telling me about some vendor - either a local one or an online one, buying the stuff, repackaging generally a small amount of the cotton and charging an incredible mark up on it - like more than he paid for a full sized order, these people were charging for just a little bit. I can't remember how much though. I'm still a little gunshy about the switch to cotton, though. Partially, I guess, because he has to be available to rebuild it, so it can't be my "rely on" tank. Well, that, and I vape when I'm reading sort of half laying down in bed, so the tank's no where near vertical in that situation, so that's not the optimal operating conditions - but so far, my Cactus Juice tastes sooo much better in there than a Pro Tank.