Vapor Shark SUCKS

Monkeyman

I bought a Vapor Shark rDNA (DNA30 chip with a removable 18650) 3 months ago. A couple weeks ago, it up and died, only reading "Too Hot". VS has a 4 month warranty so I sent it back in. They sent it back today, fixed but with a broken battery (same VTC4 that came with it but with a DO NOT USE sticker on it). I called VS and asked them what was up with the battery. They said the board had been fried due to reverse polarity and they fixed it "as a courtesy". They also said that when the battery was allegedly put in backwards, it fried the battery. I told them that I was the only one who ever messed with the battery and that I NEVER put the battery in backwards.....EVER. I'm positive about this. I also told them that they didn't replace the board "as a courtesy" but because IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY. I asked them to send me another battery. They refused so I told them I'd never do business with them again.

Just a warning to others. The local B&M vape shop used to be a reseller but they don't even work with VS anymore.

I bought a Vapor Shark rDNA (DNA30 chip with a removable 18650) 3 months ago. A couple weeks ago, it up and died, only reading "Too Hot". VS has a 4 month warranty so I sent it back in. They sent it back today, fixed but with a broken battery (same VTC4 that came with it but with a DO NOT USE sticker on it). I called VS and asked them what was up with the battery. They said the board had been fried due to reverse polarity and they fixed it "as a courtesy". They also said that when the battery was allegedly put in backwards, it fried the battery. I told them that I was the only one who ever messed with the battery and that I NEVER put the battery in backwards.....EVER. I'm positive about this. I also told them that they didn't replace the board "as a courtesy" but because IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY. I asked them to send me another battery. They refused so I told them I'd never do business with them again.

Just a warning to others. The local B&M vape shop used to be a reseller but they don't even work with VS anymore.

It really sucks that it went down that way. Those are really nice looking boxes. I have been thinking about one for a while, but when my little iStick does everything I need for around $30 I just can't justify the added cost.

Weird. I just got my VS dna30 back from a repair from them. Damaged battery due to fall damage, so not covered by warranty and its the non replaceable battery. They not only replaced the battery, the also replaced the usb charger because the tech couldn't get the light to come on. No extra charge. The mod was gone 4-5 days total... seems to me they are having issues with inconsistent customer service. .

Damaged battery due to fall damage...

...inconsistent customer service. .

How far did it drop? I think inconsistancy is the biggest problem. You got great service, mine sucked. I know a few other VS owners who have seriously abused theirs with no issues. I babied mine and it broke. All I know is that it would take more than I can imagine for me to do business with them again. Mines back and working well but if the board goes out again, I'll buy a board and change it myself. The 2 real issues I have are their attitude (they told me it was my fault since I put the battery in backwards even though I told them over and over that I did NOT reverse the battery...no way, no how/they kept telling me that they were doing me a solid by even fixing it...it was under warranty) and the fact that they sent me back a bad battery. I can't think of anything they could do to get me to talk them up (not that they're going to do anything).

I'm not going to try to say you did or didn't put the battery in backwards. At the end of the day, if a board was fried from reverse battery installation I don't think that's a warranty issue. That could be the explanation for the courtesy fix. I will say that in general, not many complaints come across this board about the vapor shark products that I've seen. Hopefuly yours is good to go and you can enjoy it!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines