New here and just saying hello!

T-Bone

Hi all...found this forum after being a week cigarette free thanks to real e-cigarettes as opposed to the other junky stuff.

I had tried those Blu ones and had very little success and was back to smoking. I recently found a specialty vapor shop through a client and was given a package of stuff that has been absolutely perfect. I smoke a pack a day and in this first week I have already saved $50.

Although, when I first got the vaporizer I'm using now I was told the name and type of it but I've since forgotten, I will probably ask the next time I head over to the shop for a refill on my cartridges (is that what they're called?) but I was wondering if anyone's used this one and how they like it.

I'm sure it's just a beginners one but it has helped me tremendously. I use 24mg "single coil" menthols with this attachment: It also comes with a kind of cover that makes it look a little sleaker.

I'm not sure of all the proper names so if anyone's familiar with this model please chime in! I'm so glad to have found something that works!

By using just your description, it's impossible to tell what you have. Can you upload a picture so we can see? The more detail the better.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. We'll be happy to help you spend some money and will promise to only steer you to genuine name-brand, quality equipment and vendors. :)

I think Comp nailed it. It looks like a eGo style battery, with a cartomizer. I am no expert by any means. I would look into a tank style atomizer that you can refill yourself. This will give you many more options when it comes to flavors. Your battery will fit any tank with a eGo or 510 connection. If you are trying to get by cheap I would go with an iClear plastic. If you want to spend a little more I would look into Kanger Pro Tank mini 2, or an Aspire ETS. These are metal with glass tanks. They will hold up to tank cracking juices better than the plastic.

Of course as you will learn around here I have to preach backups, backups of backups and so on. It never hurts to have a couple extra batteries and tanks, just in case!

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

And by the looks of your picture, it's a very small eGo battery -- probably a 400 mAh. You'll definitely want to get a back up for that -- most likely something with longer battery life like 1300 or 1600 mAh so one battery can last all day. You don't want to have to wait for the battery to finish charging.

Sing with me: ~back ups, back ups, you can never have too many back ups! Tanks, batteries, chargers, juices, etc. :D

Yeah, the client that told me about the shop gave me the white part and I bought an extra. The shop gave me a USB charger which has come in handy to say the least. I think it would suck having to wait for it to charge to take a drag.

Here's a better picture for scale...

Also, is there nicotine in those flavored liquids? I probably can't use liquids in the setup I have now. I'm just happy to be smoke free, so I think I'll get used to what I have first before delving into the more diverse stuff!

gallery_34453_252_83738.png

Edited by The Bone Slummer

See that little white thing on the very top of the cartomizer? You should be able to get that off, put liquid onto the filler material (just a drop at a time and don't get any liquid into the center hole -- try not to over fill). Put the cap back on and vape. You can buy replacement cartomizers (with your battery, it's a fixed 3.7 volts), you'll want to stick with either a 1.5 ohm or 1.8 ohm cartomizer. Any higher resistance and your battery won't be able to give you enough oomph to heat the coils before the 10 second cut off.

If you're refilling, make sure to use the same liquid as the filler material will hold onto the last flavor you put in. If you wind up with two flavors that don't play well with each other, it's going to taste nasty. Some other flavors like a fruit and a vanilla would taste pretty good together though.

You can get empty cartomizers for pretty cheap: http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoktech_510_1_7ohm_Single_Coil_Blank_Cartomizers_p/510-smok-1.7-blk.htm

$6.95 for a 5-pack of cartomizers.

I've done business with Litecig before and never had a problem. :)

Man, but I had a hard time finding these LR (1.7 ohm) cartomizers. The Vapor Talk store only had 2.0 ohm and up. Same thing with The Veteran Vaper. While there's nothing wrong with cartomizers, they're pretty old school. We need to get you into a few tanks with replaceable bottom coils. Much cheaper and I'm sure you'll like the taste of the juices better. :D

Edited by Tameiki

See that little white thing on the very top of the cartomizer? You should be able to get that off, put liquid onto the filler material (just a drop at a time and don't get any liquid into the center hole -- try not to over fill). Put the cap back on and vape. You can buy replacement cartomizers (with your battery, it's a fixed 3.7 volts), you'll want to stick with either a 1.5 ohm or 1.8 ohm cartomizer. Any higher resistance and your battery won't be able to give you enough oomph to heat the coils before the 10 second cut off.

If you're refilling, make sure to use the same liquid as the filler material will hold onto the last flavor you put in. If you wind up with two flavors that don't play well with each other, it's going to taste nasty. Some other flavors like a fruit and a vanilla would taste pretty good together though.

You can get empty cartomizers for pretty cheap: http://www.litecigusa.net/Smoktech_510_1_7ohm_Single_Coil_Blank_Cartomizers_p/510-smok-1.7-blk.htm

$6.95 for a 5-pack of cartomizers.

I've done business with Litecig before and never had a problem. :)

Man, but I had a hard time finding these LR (1.7 ohm) cartomizers. The Vapor Talk store only had 2.0 ohm and up. Same thing with The Veteran Vaper. While there's nothing wrong with cartomizers, they're pretty old school. We need to get you into a few tanks with replaceable bottom coils. Much cheaper and I'm sure you'll like the taste of the juices better. :D

So the top part that looks like a cigarette filter with the stuff inside is the "cartomizer"? The larger white part with the button is the battery?

I've got some money to spend, so what would be a good combo to start off with...say about $40. Or do I even need to go that high?

Edited by The Bone Slummer

Personally, I would highly recommend a couple (at the very least, and you can buy one or two more later) of Vision Spinner II batteries. These are variable voltage, 1600 mAh so you won't need to be so conscious about what resistance your coils are. The Spinners are what we now call pretty basic but they're extremely dependable and versatile enough to last you quite some time in your learning process. Add another USB charger in case the one you have goes belly up. You won't be without an extra.

Add an AC adapter so you're not plugging the USB charger into your computer or laptop. It's much safer to use the AC wall adapter so you don't risk frying your computer and it also charges faster.

Add at least four tanks. This way you can keep a different flavor in each one. When you want to change flavors you just change tanks. You should be vaping a couple of different flavors throughout the day so that you'll be able to taste them. Something we call "vaper's tongue" is when you vape something so much that you can no longer taste it. Changing to a very different flavor will refresh the taste buds. In absence of that, you could also carry around some coffee grounds and sniff them to refresh your taste buds but that's not as much fun and you won't get the hit of nicotine from it. :lol:

Get several 5-packs of coils. My preference is the 1.8 ohm coil. For most fruit juices I use the Spinners at 3.7v. For heavier and bakery flavors like apple pie, coffee, cheesecake, etc. I go up to around 4.0v. You'll find what's right for you with a little experimentation, which is fun. :)

The Kanger Pro Tank mini (KPT = Kanger Pro Tank) is the same diameter as the Spinner batteries. The full sized Pro Tank is bigger, holds more juice but looks a little like a lollypop. Add some Aerotank airflow bases to the full sized KPT so you can control how much air is getting through to the coil, and you've got a winner and a solid set up.

All you need is a bunch of samplers in juices so you can figure out what you like. The longer you vape and get away from the analogs, the better you'll taste things and your preferences will change. What you loved at first won't taste so good. Some flavors you didn't like...or thought you didn't like before...will surprise you and taste like the sweetest nectar ever. Seriously.

I highly recommend our own Vapor Talk store to get these things I've mentioned. If you get everything in the quantities I mentioned, it will run over $100 - $150 or so. BUT! You won't have to buy much more than juices and spare coils afterword. The Vapor Talk store has the lowest prices I've seen online for most everything. You'll get only genuine brand names, no knock offs so you can trust it, and excellent customer service.

After all this time that I've been vaping, I've amassed quite a few toys in the way of mechanical mods, fancy APV (Advanced Personal Vaporizers), and my go to batteries are my Spinners. They're consistent workhorses that are user friendly, just what a new vaper needs while you're learning. Later on when you're more familiar with the zillion other things out there, then move up. Don't try to fly a jet when you haven't mastered the bicycle yet.

That's my two cents. Others will be along shortly to give you their recommendations. :)

..........We need to get you into a few tanks with replaceable bottom coils. Much cheaper and I'm sure you'll like the taste of the juices better. :D

Here we go. Get out your credit card, slummer.. Tam is on to you.... :)

Here we go. Get out your credit card, slummer.. Tam is on to you.... :)

Shhhhh! Bebop! You'll scare him off before we can make a proper vaper out of him. :D

Just for the record, I've never heard a complaint about anything I've mentioned and recommended. I might have heard a grumble about how much money they spent that they didn't plan to...but they've always been happy with what they got. Lol.

Looks like I've got chatty fingers tonight...which is much better than the high state of pissed off that I was earlier this evening. Now, if we can get Slummer to a good start, I would call that a success. :)

I hate to soud so needy, but could you link to the items you're suggesting? I'll see what my budget will allow.

Also, what are analogs? Standard containers like I'm using? If so, I can't rightly use this sig yet, then! :)

I hate to soud so needy, but could you link to the items you're suggesting? I'll see what my budget will allow.

Here is the batteries from Vapor Talk store. http://www.vaportalk.com/product-category/ecig-batteries/variable-voltage-ecig-batteries/

Here is some of the tanks from Vapor Talk store. http://www.vaportalk.com/product-category/tanks-clearomizers/ecig-tanks/

You might be able to get it cheaper in a kit like this one: http://www.vaportalk.com/shop/kanger-evod-2/

Bebop and Tam may have some other links to stuff they recommend to beginners. These are just a few that come from a trusted source.

This is my daily setup that I use:

Tank: http://www.vaportalk.com/shop/nautilus-mini-airflow-adjustable-tank-system/

Battery: http://vapenw.com/ego-variable/istick-by-eleaf

I also carry 2 extra tanks, 2 batteries, chargers, and 15ml of juice with me in the car. (just in case)

Also, what are analogs? Standard containers like I'm using? If so, I can't rightly use this sig yet, then! :)

Analogs, Stinkies, and other slang words are used to describe "regular" tobacco filled cigarettes. (the kind you used to smoke...lol)

Good luck and keep asking questions!