Popping coils

Tam

Just built a simple single coil using 30 gauge A-1 Kanthal on an 18 mm bit, 6 wraps (1.2 ohm) in my new Magma RDA and I'm running it wide open. This thing is amazing!

Except that at the 3 second into the draw...it pops. I'm not too concerned about hot juice exploding in my mouth as I'm using a 2.25" drip tip.

Other info is it's on a Magneto with a Sony VTC4. I'm not sub-ohming so I'm not too concerned about the battery.

My question is this: is the popping something I need to be concerned about? I've never had this happen before in a build so I'm not sure what to do or think. What causes this popping? How can I make it stop? Did I do something wrong?

Any help is very much appreciated. :)

* Bows * :D

I had popping on my AeroTanks (with thinner juices), which was fixed by reducing air-flow. Reducing air-flow reduced the wicking-action created by vacuum pressure. On most RDAs, their is not as much juice in the well as there will be in your Magma, so increased air-flow increases the vacuum... and like a tank... draws more juice to the coil from the juice-well... excess juice = popping. At least that seems to be the best logic for why reducing air-flow also reduces popping.

Edited by Earthling789