My Nautilus

tea2085

The original one with the large tank. It works fine 99% but on occasion, when I pick it up for a vape, it vapes only a tiny bit and I taste juice in my mouth. I usually turn the OHMS up, vape it it hard for a dozen times and the gurgling calms down and then it begins vaping well again. What am I doing to cause this to happen?

Flooding of a coil usually has common factors:

• Thin juices
  • Excessive air-flow (causes over-wicking)
  • Coil not firing long enough or hot enough to vaporize juice from the wick
  • Resistance too high for your Voltage (or voltage/wattage too low for your coil's resistance)

If turning up your wattage (increasing voltage and amps) seems to fix the problem, then you should probably be using higher wattage/voltage for your juice of choice anyway... although just taking a longer hit may allow the coil to get hot enough, too. I run my Kanger tanks (1.5 Ohm coils) at 7.5-9.0 Watts. I just received my Nautilus today, and instantly noticed the 1.6 Ohm coil required higher wattage to provide the same/similar vape experience as my Kanger tanks. I'm running 10W right now, and could probably stand going a bit higher?

I run the BVC in mine. It floods from time to time. I run a 60PG/40VG in it. It is a little thin. I run mine wide open on the airflow at 11watts. Mine seems to be worse the more closed I run the airflow. One thing I do is turn it up so that the coil is uncovered and pull a few vapes off of it. It helps for a bit. I guess it doesn't allow any juice into the coil while burning off the excess. I am probably not the best guy for advice. I can flood an empty tank.

lol jason! Flooding an empty tank takes talent!

I nearly gave up on vaping because of it. The raw juice gives me terrible heartburn, not to mention, a heck of a nicotine buzz. I have had the best luck with the Nautilus. It still gives me trouble from time to time.

I do have a serious flooding problem! I can't use so many tanks, that I know great products, because I flood them. I love the quality, looks, and economy of Kanger products, they just will not work for me. I need to follow the guys/gals advice and start rebuilding them. I just won't take the time.

I do but rarely run into this on my full size Nautilus. I run both BVC and BDC coils with a 60/40 ratio so I cant say which would have been in it at the time. If Im near a sink I just pull the bottom, rinse it, do a burn off and continue on. May not be the right way but it works for me. Like I said its so rare it doesnt bother me. Some real good info here, Ill try some of the other remedies when it occurs.

Edited by BDM53ENT

something i've learned with my tanks. IF you let them come to about 1/3 or less full they will flood. If you are able to keep them above the half marker it will help. Mine don't flood anymore. On a side note i'e noticed the BVC nautilus will flood slightly if your not powered enough for the tank. anything less than 12 watts and mine will start to flood. Vaping at 12W plus with at least half full tank and mine all stopped flooding

something i've learned with my tanks. IF you let them come to about 1/3 or less full they will flood. If you are able to keep them above the half marker it will help. Mine don't flood anymore. On a side note i'e noticed the BVC nautilus will flood slightly if your not powered enough for the tank. anything less than 12 watts and mine will start to flood. Vaping at 12W plus with at least half full tank and mine all stopped flooding

I didn't think to mention the tank level. This is so true!

I wish my MPV would go over 12 watts. This makes a big difference with my BVC coils. I can only go to 11 watts. I am currently looking for a good cheap box mod. I just can't make my mind up, and I really don't have the extra money to spend on it now.

The original one with the large tank. It works fine 99% but on occasion, when I pick it up for a vape, it vapes only a tiny bit and I taste juice in my mouth. I usually turn the OHMS up, vape it it hard for a dozen times and the gurgling calms down and then it begins vaping well again. What am I doing to cause this to happen?

Flooding on part tanks is unavailable. On some of the tanks with changeable heads if the head isn't screwed down on the base all the way it can be more prone to flood.

To get the rod of the flood hold your finger over the air holes and flip it upside down, blow into the driptip. Doesn't always work but 8 of 10 times it should.

I rinse them out with water, then soak them in vodka, let them dry overnight and reuse. This will help if they are not too gunked up or burned. I was having the same problem when I first got my Nautilus, but one day it just wasn't a problem any more...I don't know what changed, if I changed the way I was drawing on it, or if the quality of the coils got better, or if the stars all aligned properly..

I wish I could help more!

No luck, I am still flooding and after 2 consecutive floods, I had to replace my BVC. That's 2 in 5 days. Is there any way to bring the coils (that were in the flood) back to a usable coil? Paul

What kind of juice are you running in it? What's the PG/VG blend? The flavor...is it a light one? Very sweet? I'm curious because when I run a 50/50, very dark, very sweet juice, it doesn't flood. A light fruit flavor seems to be thinner even though it's at 50/50 and those will cause flooding for me. Just a thought.

Custard's Last Stand is a very sweet, very dark juice so, even if that'll gunk up your coils faster than a light, less sweet one, we can rule that out.

Next line of attack: where did you get your Nautilus and coils? Are they genuine Aspire?

Did you check to see if all the O-rings are still there? When is the last time you cleaned your tank? Did you take steps so that any loose O-rings didn't wind up going down the drain when cleaning?

Can I toss in a tip? When you clean or rinse the base, make sure your air flow adjuster is at full open (largest holes). This helps to get all the water out. Also, you have to tap the base or blow through it pretty heavily to get the trapped fluid out. Water or juice can cling inside the pocket and lead to early flooding.

I don't even always rinse, but just pop the coil and blow the coil out then open base airflow all the way and blow it out and tap it into a dry paper towel. Then dab dry it all up. Slam it together and vape on.

I hate to own up to this but MY NAUTiLUS is a knock off Counterfeit. What an idiot am I. I wanted to save a few bucks so I ordered it off ebay- guarenteed to be 100% authentic. The seller had 100% positive rating. i checked the scratch off last night at

Tameiki's prompt and found it was not a real nautilus. I tried to find the seller on ebay but learned later he has been banned from their site. I have a resolution claim in with ebay and still may be able to cover my money spent. I paid for the tank with PayPal. Never again will I go to ebay for anything related to e cigs. Lesson learned but I am an old man and should have spent the extra few dollars initially. Thanks for all your help- I learned a lot!! Paul

I'm sorry to hear about this, I have issues with ebay and will not buy from there. I trust Fasttech more than ebay because if you know what to look for, they will tell you it is not authentic. I don't mind buying clones so much, I just want to know it is a clone and not crap passed off as authentic. I wish you luck in getting a refund because they should not be selling clones as authentic. It is what gives ebay a bad name when it comes to E-Cigarettes. That is not to say all ebay sellers are bad, it just seems as if that is where most of the less than upfront sellers are.

I love it when a mystery is solved...

Me too, but I'm sorry to hear you got ripped off. :(

Pssst! Paul...go to the Vapor Talk store. Seriously. All genuine brand names, lowest prices I've found online, and you can sic us admins on Chris should something go...not the way it should. Lol. Great recourse. :)