First Time

jonnoh

In my previous post I mentioned that I was a judge at a story telling contest. The venue is on the top floor of a building with no lift. there are quite a few levels of stairs and once inside the venue you are basically in that room without escape. Of course one can go out but it's not very polite and you are rather expected to stay for the duration. That can be 3 to 4 hours. I've not done this contest for about 3 years so I was so pleasantly surprised. The last time I did it no matter how hard I tried to concentrate on my duties, my mind kept saying, "how can I go sneak a smoke"? like every 5 seconds. This time, I couldn't believe it was happening that I really didn't think about missing my vape. I was really concentrating on critiquing the kid's stories. I only thought about vaping when I had to put my hand in my pocket for a pen or something and felt my mods. Even then I was able to go right back to what I was doing with only a minor craving for the vape. I was so amazed! I think this was the first time I've been in a closed venue since I started vaping. I've always been so paranoid about not having equipment failure without even waiting to see if a craving happened. In my mind this goes to support the argument that all those other chemicals in tobacco smoke are at least as responsible for tobacco addiction as nicotine.

I also mentioned that I went to a pub with friends after the contest and saw a lady with a very cool PV that I didn't get to find out about. But I didn't mention one of the greatest moments of that little session. I was leaving and had to pass a stand of trees where some of the staff from the pub were having a smoke break. One of the guys had a very cool 1960's Michael Jackson afro and wasn't smoking but vaping an eGo twist. I had to stop and comment. I told him he looked so cool, retro and modern at the same time. He said afros are coming back. Made me feel so young again for just a moment. (SIGH)

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. During the day (working), I hit my MOD or APV fairly regularly, but when I'm working on a vehicle, mowing grass, or spending the day with the kids, I rarely think "where's my vape?", lol, and when I do, I realize I can live without it for another hour or so :) Last Saturday, the kids had me so busy that I barely vaped half of a 1.5ml KPT3 mini... ALL DAY! If I were still smoking, I would have ripped through at least a pack :(

I fully agree... big tobacco has spent the past century figuring out how to increase the addictive properties of analogs to keep you buying their products! Analogs, unlike other "addictive products" do not only affect those with addictive personalities... so the manufacturers had to MAKE them addictive, to keep you buying them!

Earthling, I 100 % agree. Just think if there weren't other addictive properties to tobacco products we could have all quit with a patch and fake cigarette for the hand to mouth easily. Frankly, the patch did nothing, I repeat NOTHING for me. The gum too. If it were nicotine to blame those patches would work fine as a quitting method. That's why it makes me crazy that the ilk of FDA'rs keep the myth alive that nicotine replacement therapy will succeed. Such BS. They went on a huge crusade to convince us that nicotine was the bad guy and that big tobacco was covering this up. How bloody stupid. From my now recently discovered concept that no matter how paranoid I was about keeping my vape going because of how I used to feel about smoking that it really isn't even noticeable that I'm missing the nic if something else interesting is going on. Nicotine is nothing more that like a caffeine buzz. The rest of the stuff in tobacco was what should have been discussed. Those fools should have required big tobacco to disclose ingredients like all other consumables. Warnings and dead baby pics don't do anything to curb smoking, but disclosure sure could've helped. This is awesome because I now just might live long enough to get the point across! YAY!

I am with y'all. I tried all forms of tobacco. I kept on smoking. Chantix worked for a while, but I got to a point were the cigarettes were the only thing that would calm my brain. Now that I am vaping, I don't have cravings nearly as often, and when I do, a few puffs on the vape and they pass.

I am seeing I go for much longer periods without vaping than I did smoking, and if we have to run an errand down the street, or short trips (a few hours), I don't even bring my MVP with me. The same trip would have had anywhere from 2-4 cigarettes. Business meetings are much less tedious, also.

One problem I have found is that I normally took the trash out when I smoked (I didn't smoke in the house). I don't go outside as much, therefore the trash doesn't get taken out as often. My wife has informed me that this is unacceptable and must be changed...