Oh What a Lonely Boy

jonnoh

Am I the only one who still loves the smell of all tobacco products? The actual use of them is not appealing to me. The few times in my over 500 days of vaping I've had to resort to analogues because of poor planning or system failure, I've enjoyed the first and maybe second toke, but after that all the bad stuff comes back to me. The bad taste, the uncool lung feel etc. But I still love the smell. On the street if I am following a smoker I follow like a dog in heat. At the airport I go to the totally unventilated (Why for fxxx's sake do they do that?) smoking area to vape among the smokers totally sucking up the second hand smoke. Some smokers ask why I don't just vape outside? I usually say, "It's too much trouble to explain that I'm vaping not smoking, and look at their eyes glaze over." Or, " I have a second hand smoke deficiency." Anyway, your thoughts? I know of course everyone's different in this venture. Happy vaping to all!

The first couple of months after I totally switched to vaping, I used to do the same thing. Now, I can't stand the smell of burning tobacco at all, it makes me nauseous. It might have something to do with being able to actually smell things again. :)

For a while, after switching to vaping, I really couldn't stand the smell of cigarettes. After a year of vaping, the same thing happened to me.. It's been nearly three years of vaping only. Not one analog, and I just love the smell of cigarettes, not on clothing or ashtrays, but someone smoking nearby or smoking as I vape,.. yes. I'm not tempted in the least to try a cigarette if I have my e-cigarette, but I do know that if I had technical difficulties and was not able to even get a vape replacement at some 7-11, of course I would have an analog. I'm addicted to either the nicotine or the action of smoking, or both. That's my reality. :)

i still find myself bumming a smoke out of pure curiosity, to see if i can still smoke at all. 9/10 i smoke half and regret it right away. but it will always be there. lingering in the shadows.

Hell, this weekend after supper i got a rediculous urge to smoke. since one that i enjoyed the most was after a night big meal where youre a little full and to digest i guess. i went to vape. didnt do the same but still enough to calm me down and not ask anyone for a cig.

as i said. for me anyways, it will always be there. as long as i keep it bareable i think ill be fine :P

Nope now that I know what I smelled like I know I will never smoke tobacco again. Maybe I was just ready to quit but after a month or so the thought of an analog is not appealing at all.

After almost two years the thought of quitting vaping has already started to creep into my head. It's nothjng like smoking for me especially in the way I feel like I have to have it. With cigarettes going just an hour was a nightmare but now that I vape I can regularly go 4-5 hours without a pull and not have an issue. I killed my last battery Sunday on the lake after a long weekend before noon and got home about 7 and it was amazingly not anywhere near the same. It was my first time I was "without" and if it was when I smoked I would have 100% left early after rationing what I had left.

Thanks all for the great replies. I guess I'm only partially alone :) I hadn't thought about that clothes thing but that's really a big deal. I know after a couple of hours in the smokers lounge at the airports, My clothes smell like I went back to two packs a day. It really doesn't bother me at all but I am very conscious of it when I get on the plane and notice people noticing. Yuck! Last night I was at the pub (surprise surprise) and BSing with a few guys all smokers. They kept offering me cigs everytime they lit one. I just kept saying, "No thanks, just keep blowing it my way." :) I feel so proud of myself after a session like that.

And I've got to let you know that it may be true that second hand smoke kills, but it's not reliable. For my money I'd use a gun or poison or something proven.

I like the smell of unlit tobacco. When out with friends who to still smoke, i grab one just to smell it while I vape. It feels really, really fantastic knowing that it no longer has power over me. :thumbup:

As soon as someone lights up, I make sure I stand farther away. I can't stand burning tobacco... makes me gag.

• 1 month later...

Actually, in all honesty, I'm posting this just to get 'hot', being the 14th post. But I do have a comment on the subject. I was last night, trying to convince the cats to come home to roost when my neighbour came out and lit a cigar. I think for the first time since I've been vaping, I really wish he hadn't. The night air was quite fresh from earlier rain, and the cigar kinda ruined. And I've noticed since I started vaping with my improved sense of smell, how fresh the cats smell after a day of playing solar cat. The cigar kinda ruined that too. But, I'm stuck by my self promise never to be one of those holier than thou ex smokers like my former secretary became.

I made the same promise, Jonnoh.

Since I quit smoking I don't associate with smokers very much. Probably because they are all vapers now, lol. In that, I am lucky. But I have to say, since I quit, cigarette smoke is one of the most offensive things I've experienced and I have to cut non smokers some slack. I never realized how bad it really was. But I refuse to get all up in their face (smokers) cuz I remember what it was like. Now I just avoid it, which is pretty easy since you can't smoke ANYWHERE any more.

A good friend of mine struggled with vaping and smoking for a year. He told me today he hasn't had a ciggy since some time in the summer. He finally found a juice and mod combo that does it for him. He looked happy. And I was happy for him. :)

I remember some anti smoking promotion that included some observations of smokers. They talked about how smokers all looked more wrinkled, with forced smiles and generally unhappy appearance and grey skin. I never thought I looked that way of course! :) But now when I'm B.S.ing with guys at the pub or coffee shop, especially for extended times, the smoker's smiles do seem a bit forced and I know when I'm laughing now it's far more spontaneous and real. It seems that subconscious worries like OMG I'm already starting my third pack and it's only 7:00! Things like that that I never even think about now. That and I'm still incredulous that I'm able to go day after day after day without a craving for cigs even when I'm with the puffers. Who would've thought it was possible after almost 50 years.