Just picked up my Vamo V5

Madoff

Hey guys, I just picked up this Vamo V5 from my local vape shop and had some concerns. When I was about to purchase the kit, the manager walked over and said that they're gonna be giving me this TrustFire charger for free since the one that came in the kit caught her house on fire.. Are these batterys safe to stack or just use in general? I picked up a IMR 18650 2000 mAh just in case. Here's a link to the batterys I think I received. http://www.fasttech.com/products/1271001. The 18650 is made by a company called QIXU. I really can't find any information on these. Anyone pick this kit up before? Is it safe lol?

14345qa.jpg

Personally, stacking batteries is NEVER a good idea... if they discharge differently, you can have catastrophic failure...

You appear to be using a Nautilus tank, so you'll not be pulling huge Amps (based on the factory coil resistances), so the danger is greatly reduced, but I would use an 18650, rather than run the risk of stacking batteries.

TrustFire has a bad rap, too... inferior products and poor reliability complaints are all over the Internet. I have a couple of their flashlights which are decent for a cheap LED light, but the batteries were garbage (fast discharge, won't charge, and don't last to the extent of their rated mAh)... and their "free chargers" were just as bad... at least that is my experience with their products.

I highly recommend NiteCore i2 or i4 chargers... you can pick them up (Amazon) for <$15 for the i4 series. As for batteries... I trust Sony and Panasonic for safety, durability, and long-lasting performance over any Chinese off-brand battery. You can usually pick up Sony, Panasonic, or other "name-brand" batteries for <$10 each (or less if you buy two or more at a time).

Everything Earthing said but will add for a budget battery AW IMRs always did me right back when I used an APV. Around $10 and never had or heard of any issue with a true AW. Just be careful there are a lot of imitations out there.

Edited by bcartervol98

I second what Bcarter said about what Earthling said. :D

I'd never stack batteries. Why take the chance when you can buy 18650s for a very affordable price? I love my Sonys and Panasonic batteries. My Panasonic 18650 is a 3400 mAh and lasts...forever it seems.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm definitely about to take this thing back. It has shut off on me several times. I have to remove the battery completely and put it back in to turn it on. Recently it's now spitting juice that's smoking through the air. I think that's because of the new bvc coil I put in, but had no problems last night. I'm kinda scared to vape this thing now lol.

Edit : It's just not turning on at all now.

Edit 2 : It turned back on after 2 minutes. Battery is at 3.5 o.o

Edited by Madoff

I would not be surprised at all if this is a knockoff especially coming from a local vape shop. All but one in my area are now well known to sell cheap knockoffs as authentic. If I were to buy another tube style APV it would definitely be a Vamo. I had one for about a year but prefer Spinners to the APVs so I sold it to a member of the forum.

Edited by bcartervol98

I use button top batteries in mine now, had he same problem. Once I started using the button tops the problem went a way.

That may be why I never had the problem I heard others have with the spring. I only ever owned button top 18650s and never used the short batteries.

I think I have a button top 18650 it's not completely flat like my 18350s. I've tried about everything other then taking the 510 apart and removing the rubber piece. I take one vape off it'll shut off right after. It'll work for consecutive chain vaping but once I set it down it won't turn back on unless I remove the battery and put it back in about 5 times then I repeat the cycle. It checks out to be genuine. I did the test where you hold all 3 buttons down then it displays a series of numbers.

In the Vamo stacked 18350 batteries is the only way to get the true top wattage out of it. I used mine with IMR's for about two years with no issues. Just do it sensibly. Only use those two together from now on. Mark them, charge them together and don't use one by itself for anything else. Those batteries are now in the worst marriage ever if you stack them.

As for the problems with the device, take it back to the store and show them. You might have a bad board.

If your vamo won't stay on take off both battery attachments and see if the pin for the positive is not pushed into the seal that holds it. Make sure its flush or sticking out a little. I had the same problem but after i pushed the seal down around it, it worked fine.

mine has a white hard rubber seal around it so you don't see the circuit and the pin is secured i'll post a pick of mine.

Yeah I'm definitely taking mine back today. It won't even turn on now. Thanks for the pic. I think they sold me a sketchy one.

Yeah it kinda looks look it. I'd take it back to them I hope there not selling clones as the authentic's.

I would bet $$$$ they are. I wouldn't even call most of what "local vape shops" sell "clones" but rather knockoffs. It gives clones a bad name.

Well I don't really have the option to go to a vape shop, as there's not any around without an hour drive lol. So I haven't had any chance to check them out, Sucks that they are after the money and not having a respectable shop. The only thing I could say is if you find something you like there go back home and research it, that way next time you go in there you know what to look at to see if its authentic or at best a good clone.

Well I don't really have the option to go to a vape shop, as there's not any around without an hour drive lol. So I haven't had any chance to check them out, Sucks that they are after the money and not having a respectable shop. The only thing I could say is if you find something you like there go back home and research it, that way next time you go in there you know what to look at to see if its authentic or at best a good clone.

There are 4 within a 3 mile radius of my business but I have only been in one once to try their flavors but with the online relationships I have built with the VT Store and my other couple preferred vendors I see no reason to go sort through knockoffs marked up 400% or more.