What's wrong with my lion king mod?

Mobbox3000

First off Hello, I'm excited to be apart of this new vaping community. Unfortunately my first thead

Is regarding an issue I'm having with my new lion king mod I purchased from eBay. When I received it the first thing I wanted to do was get a fresh battery in their. Well I twisted the bottom off and dropped it the second it was all the way off. A magnetic ring popped out and broke ..so now I'm stuck and have no clue on how to resolve this issue . I've provided pictures to give a visual any help on how to fix or resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy your day and happy vaping!

post-33276-0-38978400-1410560930_thumb.j

post-33276-0-44921600-1410561014_thumb.j

post-33276-0-05451000-1410561023_thumb.j

post-33276-0-49034900-1410561032_thumb.j

post-33276-0-55358100-1410561047_thumb.j

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

I am not familiar with your mod, but from the pictures it appears the magnets are broke. There should be 2 magnets in the button that repel each other to keep the in the non-firing position unless you are pressing the button.

There should be someone along soon with much more experience than I have that can help you.

I wouldn't recomend trying to piece them together to use it. You should buy new magnets to replace the broken ones. You might want to contact the seller for a recomendation as to where to find the proper magnets, or at least measure one of them to aid in your search. Good luck!

Wow, I picked the right forum! Right on guys, thank you for your input I will attempt to measure them. I say attempt because they're in many pieces. If anyone has any other links to where I can order magnets I would appreciate it if you could supply a link. Thanks again, what an awesome community.

Wow, I picked the right forum! Right on guys, thank you for your input I will attempt to measure them. I say attempt because they're in many pieces. If anyone has any other links to where I can order magnets I would appreciate it if you could supply a link. Thanks again, what an awesome community.

I gave you a link above, but if you can get good measurements this site is a good place to look.

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=16

Fishguy makes a good point and I agree that trying to fix them my not be a good thing. As he said I would talk to where you bought it from and they just replace the MOD.

Get a spring!

Magnets no good. Cool and all, but really not good. They can break as you can see, and they can lose there polarity when pushed too hard. The last thing you want is for the firing button to get locked up in the FIRE position. I shake my head every time I see magnets in a mech mod.

Good hardware stores have good selections of springs, the firmer, the better. You might have to cut one for length, or something like that, but you should find something that will work.

Best,

R

Edited to add: Hardcore cloud chasers all use springs.