Is this liquid safe?

false1

Hi all, I'm a new member and new to e cigs. I've been looking for good flavours and good prices from my local retailers. I found one that fits the bill on both counts but am concerned in that the packaging lists no info on manufacturing, nor could the retailer give me any info. I started vaping because of health and financial reasons but the lack of regulation regarding the products I'm taking into my body concerns me.

I wondered if anybody has knowledge of the product shown. Thanks

post-33246-0-50952000-1410360457_thumb.j

I bought some of that one time and I really wasnt too impressed with the flavor, but i vaped the whole bottle and I am still alive. As far the safety and long term effects of it, does it have ingredients? if so it shouldnt consist of anything other than VG, PG, Nicontine and artificial or organic flavoring. If you start seeing other stuff on there then its probably not good.

Actually the ingredients aren't listed but it has a number of those safety icons around the bottom. I think I have a broader question about the safety of an unregulated product. I would trust a fellow user's opinion more than what's printed on the label of an unknown company. BTW, I smoked a carton of cigarettes once, don't have cancer.

I have read a lot of bad reviews of E-Liquid in the past from a supposed FDA report that basically said they tested a bunch of bottles from different companies back in 09 if im not mistaken, what they said was that there were trace amounts of some chemical in there, but in comparison to the amount of chemicals and other bad things that are in cigarettes it was negligable. However, if you look at what people use to make the liquid, it is all food grade items. vegetable glycerin and proplyne glycol with some nicotine and flavoring. All of these items are virually not harmful. Some people say that proplyne glycol can be harmful but from what i understand you would have to drink a gallon of the stuff at one time for it to cause problems. Overall, in comparison, it seems to be a much safer alternative to traditional cigarettes.

I would be afraid of any e-Liquid maker that did not disclose it's ingredients. I have seen this brand in many convenience stores. I did a search on the internet and could not find them. Do they list a web site on the bottle/box? If they do, they may have an ingredients listing there.

I have also seen this brand in convenience stores, and at some discount tobacco places. I will be at one next week and I will ask the owner if he has any details on it. I really don't buy any juice from this guy since most of his main line seems to be imported, but he has had some good deals on aspire products. I really just stop by and give him a little business because it is where I bought my first "real" vape setup. (It lasted 3 days before it broke)

As for the safety. I guess we really don't know for sure that any of this is safe. I do know that I was smoking over 2 packs and sometimes 3 packs a day when I started. I don't smoke them any more. I feel better, I don't have as bad of allergy/respiratory problems, and I smell much better. So I feel it is a much better alternative!

Thanks all for the replies. I DO vape at my own risk and understand that. I also understand what's SUPPOSED to be in the bottle may not be what's IN the bottle. Without a company name, phone number, email address, etc. there would be no accountability for a rogue employee or bean counter who may want to save some time and/or money.

Two issues I see with ejuice: Are the label ingredients safe for long term use? Is there any regulatory process or accountability for mislabeled or tampered product? As to the first, we're all guinea pigs. As to the second, I would welcome regulation and hope the vaping community would be in favor of that.

I'd hate give up this particular brand of cheap, tasty juice now that I've found it but I think I'll have to go with one of the other local shops that claim to make the product on site. At least I wouldn't be flying totally blind.

This looks like a clone of the "Liqua" brand. It's probably imported. It's probably safe.

"Probably" is the best anyone can claim.

And in my opinion regulation is no guarantee of jack $h*t. Regulation will happen but you are still subject to fraud, ill will, human error etc as minute as those incidents will be. The world runs on the good graces of well meaning people - always has, always will.

Even the supposed ingredients that come in a bottle, even at the local vape shops where you know they just use the basics (PG, VG, Flavoring and nicotine) there are no guarantees tha those ingredients are safe to inhale for a long term use. What I do know is that all of those ingredients are contained in food that most people eat on a regular basis. I'm not a rocket psychiatrist or anything in my head that equals generally safe.

This looks like a clone of the "Liqua" brand. It's probably imported. It's probably safe.

"Probably" is the best anyone can claim.

And in my opinion regulation is no guarantee of jack $h*t. Regulation will happen but you are still subject to fraud, ill will, human error etc as minute as those incidents will be. The world runs on the good graces of well meaning people - always has, always will.

Right, no guarantees in life, but sometimes negligent or not so well meaning people can be brought into line in order to protect their own interests.

I started making my own for the simple fact I would know exactly what I was going in it. They are pumping out juice by the gallons to make it less expensive. I'm not saying it has harmful stuff in it, just saying reputable makers, even Chinese E-Liquid makers, add the ingredient listing on the box or bottle. Regulated or not that is just one of those things that should be there.

Yap, FDA regulation don`t mean squat. People die every day from USDA inspected Beef, toxic toothpaste, and otherwise spoiled food. No need to mention the car recalls and failing banks and falling buildings, LOL.

I personally would`nt buy that liquid due to no info on the bottle, that does`nt mean I would trust the FDA to make sure its good.

"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?": Thomas Jefferson

Well said, VapeHappy... an FDA stamp of approval only means that an FDA inspector was paid (or paid-off) to provide a stamp of approval!

Just like the jeans I bought a few months ago... Inspector #5 must have been blindly sticking those slips of paper into the pocket because my jeans are falling apart at the seams :) Just because something is inspected, doesn't make it better, or safer... especially if the government is involved in the inspections!