Anyone using a Dovpo E Mech?

VapeHappy

The Wifie wants a Vamo (and a KFL!?!), so I`m thinking may be time for me to upgrade.

I`m liking that they say you can subohm on the DP, I`m dying to build a subohm on the kayfun but the vamo wont allow me to do it.

If you have one I would be very interested in what you use on top of it and how you like it. I see VT has them about as cheap as anyone, so that`s what I`m thinking.

TIA,

Randall

Hi VapeHappy.

I have one (3 actually), and you can def. sub ohm on them. The limit says .5 ohms but I ran it as low as .4 @ 30W on an Orchid RBA for 2 days until I realized I was pushing it beyond it's limit and changed atty to .6 - .8 ohm for daily driver, as I did not want to abuse it. :)

There were 2 versions. V1 was more like a beta release - did not stand up well vertically, annoying beeping sounds with menu selection, and a lot complained with the transformer logo, and I believe a few were experiencing not getting the selected voltage (set at say 4.0V but only getting 3.8V or something like that).

With V2, transformer logo is optional, firmware upgraded, and the laundry list of suggestions from beta testers were implemented.

Forgot to add, tanks/atty used are:

KT Mega/AT, Orchid, Magma, Plume Veil, Cerebus, Vulcan, but I mainly use Orchid on it @ .6 or slightly higher.

Edited by iQuit

Thanks I quite, that`s a cool handle, :?)

Ya, I want to do point 4 or point 5. Seen some videos where peeps are using .4 with no problems. Basically It would be bad arse if it could take every atty/head I use on a daily basis and then the ones I have`nt bought yet, :?). It sure sounds like it would be the cats meow.

Ya, there is supposedly a V4 out that took care of every ones issue`s with it, and the cheesy autobot (?) logo has to go! Otherwise I can deal with its form, looks like it would fit the hand really well and I do like that its completely metal. Oh, and I do want it to stand up on its own, I`m a bit of a klutz enough, LOL.

I am waiting on a email from Chris to find out which one they have, it would be a done deal if its the latest version.

Tanks again,

R

Awesome if they have a V4. I have not kept up with the versions. But I can confirm that with V2 (got mine mid-July) there were none of the issues others were complaining about, and apart from falling down a lot and the firmware, most of them were really just cosmetic. I think the only place you will ever find a V1 is on auction sites, because when I was looking for it, that was the only place where you could have gotten it Dovpo really listened to their early adopters , and made the necessary changes very fast on their next production.

I went without the logos too, but they did send me some stickers with it. haha I like the feel of it, especially grooves. It fits very natural to me. it is not awkward to hold compared to conventional box mods.

K old like this device is already being cloned and sold in shops, I saw one today at my local B&M, it was labeled Emech on the shelve but was actually a Heatvape Invader, looked exactly like the Dovpo with a different logo and when you hit the fire button the panel on the back displayed the Heatvape name,

I tried to do a search on YouTube the and did not come up with anything.

Edited by Rcam1977

Dovpo is actually an ODM, as well as an OEM.. They will customize it for you (rebrand it or use your own company logo) if you are willing to shell out a one-time customization fee.

VT can have their own logos on it if Chris wants them. :)

But Chinese will clone anything so that is a possibility. However, I do not think they are that popular enough that warrants a clone. It's a niche market.

Edited by iQuit

K old like this device is already being cloned and sold in shops, I saw one today at my local B&M, it was labeled Emech on the shelve but was actually a Heatvape Invader, looked exactly like the Dovpo with a different logo and when you hit the fire button the panel on the back displayed the Heatvape name,

I tried to do a search on YouTube the and did not come up with anything.

That is the latest name that Everzon ( the developer ) is now using.

http://www.everzon.com/store/heatvape-invader-p-91.html?zenid=401f47fd0a26c04383ec980f1bdbd16b

There is as usual the whole confusion about the battery configuration, is it series or parallel? In all the Dovpo vids I saw they were in fact in series/stacked, you could clearly see it by the battery placement (they were facing in opposing directions.), basically a step down which also accounts for the lower max vaping voltage. I don't know about all the Dovpo revisions but the one tested at ToddsReviews also had an unfiltered, PWM DC output, the infamous jumpy 'rattle snake.' Many have also reported that on those models the inbuilt charging was rather wonky and did not properly balance each cell, which is to be expected, series cells need ~8.4 for charging, doing this with a USB 5V output is no easy feat..

The Everzon link does say parallel, but so did the original Dovpro when in fact it wasn't.