**Hong Kong Ban**!!

This was on the totally wicked forum, Hong Kong as stopped all exportation of e-cig products. I'm at work at the moment but as soon as I get home I'll try to get more info! :angry:

(Large Supplier of Liquid- http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/)

pillbox38

Administrator

Hong Kong. Has banned all exportation of E.Cigs.« on: Today at 10:27:51 am »

Last week i was informed that the Honk Kong government had banned all exportation of e cigs and fluids. In effect throttling the supply worldwide. Up till now i thought that this was a gesture they would not follow up with any commitment.

All 3 of my suppliers are having their goods returned to them. We are currently trying to find new ways to import the goods but i think it might be fair to expect a drying up of Supplies in the short term.

I believe that Tobacco companies and world government pressure is being exerted on HK to do this. In effect, if the distribution of Electronic Cigarettes and Nicotine cartridges and fluid is choked at its exit point..IE Hong Kong then we have no product..

Hey all,

I was just looking over the TW forums and Jason (Pillbox38) says today that all shipping has stopped from H.K. All orders en-route are being returned. We all know that MOST of the e-cigs are made in China, therefore exported through H.K. Now that they've halted all shipments, it's basically what's in stock at your American suppliers, which will run out quickly I'm guessing.... Jason said he's got something in the works to attempt to get around the all stop, but shipping cost will rise if he has to ship from

Chris,

Any word from you're end? Here's the post:

pillbox38

Administrator

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Hong Kong. Has banned all exportation of E.Cigs.

« on: Today at 05:27:51 am »

Reply with quoteQuote

Last week i was informed that the Honk Kong government had banned all exportation of e cigs and fluids. In effect throttling the supply worldwide. Up till now i thought that this was a gesture they would not follow up with any commitment.

All 3 of my suppliers are having their goods returned to them. We are currently trying to find new ways to import the goods but i think it might be fair to expect a drying up of Supplies in the short term.

I believe that Tobacco companies and world government pressure is being exerted on HK to do this. In effect, if the distribution of Electronic Cigarettes and Nicotine cartridges and fluid is choked at its exit point..IE Hong Kong then we have no product..

pillbox38

Administrator

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Hong Kong. Has banned all exportation of E.Cigs.

« Reply #9 on: Today at 06:49:51 am »

Reply with quoteQuote

China is ok, i cannot see China banning them far from it. The issue is getting out of China, one thing with the Chinese though is they will not ship fluid from China itself..It appears their Government dont like this.

Cigs can be fingers crossed shipped from Beijing direct to Manchester. This is using Air freight, shipping takes longer and i have to mess about with customs clearance myself so its a nuisance..But this is what we are working on currently.

USA orders i will bring in through the UK and then Re ship to the States myself..It pushes the cost up as im paying shipping and duties twice. Its either that or dont bother..

It's all good Bitton, thanks for staying on top of things! (That where this would normally go, but I thought it was important enough to move it here as some members don't visit the FDA thread)

For those of you new to the E Smoking world, this hong kong thing really sucks. It's a bad sign. At least we still have China, but for how long?

EDIT: Bitton I have merged your topic with this one.

China is ok, i cannot see China banning them far from it. The issue is getting out of China, one thing with the Chinese though is they will not ship fluid from China itself..It appears their Government dont like this.

Cigs can be fingers crossed shipped from Beijing direct to Manchester. This is using Air freight, shipping takes longer and i have to mess about with customs clearance myself so its a nuisance..But this is what we are working on currently.

USA orders i will bring in through the UK and then Re ship to the States myself..It pushes the cost up as im paying shipping and duties twice. Its either that or dont bother..

Thanks for that post as I didn't see it!

I'm glad that the suppliers are doing their best to work around the issues. If there is a will there is way! We always have a second option in the United States and that's Johnson Creek smoke juice, they don't have to worry about customs and at the moment the FDA isn't going after them. We just have to make sure we can get the hardware. We need someone to start making these here in the United States.

This was on the totally wicked forum, Hong Kong as stopped all exportation of e-cig products. I'm at work at the moment but as soon as I get home I'll try to get more info! :angry:

(Large Supplier of Liquid- http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/)

pillbox38

Administrator

Hong Kong. Has banned all exportation of E.Cigs.« on: Today at 10:27:51 am »

In my opinion there's no need to panic. This ban is a couple of weeks old and stock has been coming through. I checked with my Hong Kong suppliers and was told that they were aware of this ban but did not consider it a problem. It is only shipments from Hong Kong that are being checked (sporadically) and they can always ship from the mainland. There are ways around any ban. It does cause an increase in shipping and broker handling costs which will result in higher retail price, but the product will be available.

• 5 years later...