tight coils wrap space & diameter

christov11

I have already rewicked it. I didn't take a picture. It was similar to the way that Rip Trippers did it in the video above. I just pushed the rayon through the coil until it touched the bottom below the coil, then looped it over the screw on top and into the other coil. It really didn't work as good as I have it now which is about a 16th of an inch sticking up through the coil and the tail in the drip well. I think the airflow is better with the vertical coil. I was going to try to do the quad coil, but I don't have the time tonight.

The pictures are deceptive. The front of the coil looks pretty good. There are gaps in the back. I can't get my larger tweezers in to compress them. The coil away from the camera doesn't look quite as good. I tend to run out of patience and want to try it.

Edited by jasonculp

Likewise! Well tomorrow will be another building day haha I don't know about you, but I really want to find a build that will satisfy my expectations with this 28mm tobh!!! Even if you have the regular one, I'm sure you're craving the same satisfaction haha!

• 3 weeks later...

Some very interesting reading and answers to what most would ask. I have been playing around rebuilding my aspire BDC coils. I know its nothing like what you all are building but its where Im at for now. At first I went off videos and that didn't work. I continued to play with wraps, size of coils, wire gauge, amount of cotton etc. My bad, but when I started vaping, I joined another forum that was all but DEAD. When asking for any direction I got an idiotic answer so I went in search of another home. Every time I searched something I wound up here so I hit the join button. BEST decision I could have made. I should have done it sooner as it would have saved me a lot of trial and error, mostly error lol.

Information here is outstanding. Appreciation goes out to you experienced members that share and explain so we beginners understand. Thank you.

BDM53ENT, I really agree with you! This is a great place. I have not participated much lately and have not been buiding much. Work has been very taxing to say the least.

I look at y'all rebuilding coils (small atomizers) and really envy you. They are so small! I have attempted a few times and not been successful. I have a hard time with anything under 28 gauge. The builds on my TOBH are so much larger and it is so much easier. The Kanger and Aspire heads would make so much more sense for me to rebuild. I use the tanks so much more than the dripper!

I will bet back to trying it soon!

Some very interesting reading and answers to what most would ask. I have been playing around rebuilding my aspire BDC coils. I know its nothing like what you all are building but its where Im at for now. At first I went off videos and that didn't work. I continued to play with wraps, size of coils, wire gauge, amount of cotton etc. My bad, but when I started vaping, I joined another forum that was all but DEAD. When asking for any direction I got an idiotic answer so I went in search of another home. Every time I searched something I wound up here so I hit the join button. BEST decision I could have made. I should have done it sooner as it would have saved me a lot of trial and error, mostly error lol.

Information here is outstanding. Appreciation goes out to you experienced members that share and explain so we beginners understand. Thank you.

Dont be shy to post any "stupid" or noob question here, this forum is great! no one judges and Personally I dont care how many times I have to answer the same question, I would rather take 10 seconds answering someone than to have then sift through a hundred or so posts by searching a few keywords, you know? its just more logical to me to do so. and if anyone has a problem with that then they can just not answer the post! if ever you want to PM me for anything, dont be shy. Im far from a pro but I was able to find my sweet spot through a lot of trial and error! and I do mean A LOT!

I'm a sub ohmer for life. I love my ADV to sit between .17 ohm and no higher than .25 ohm. Something about that thick warm vapor that tastes so good and is satisfying to me. Some of you guys might want to download vapers toolbox, great free app if you understand what you're doing but it can help noobs too. Just remember use a multimeter or ohm reader after you build it. Safety safety safety

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard (don't quote me) that, with 32ga kanthal, every inch equals .46 ohms. So, if you want a 1.5 ohm coil, you'd need about 3 inches of kanthal. Different size wraps would dictate a different number of wraps.

Squeezing the coils together DOES bring down the resistance. I don't preheat my wire so I wrap it as close together as I can, screw it down to the build deck then heat it until you get to the it's-so-bright-I-can't-see stage and, as soon as you let off on the button, squeeze it together with a good set of tweezers. I do this a couple times. As it cools, the coils melt together. I've checked it before and after and I've lost as much as .5 ohms.