Back to tanks?

Im debating... After trying a LOT of builds with my stillairs im still heading towaqrds my nautilus for regular use...

Im not sure what it is since I like having huge hits from the drippers when they come... maybe its just the flavor that I use but dripping isnt "hooking" me in.

The taste with drippers is definately more pronounced but thats probably the problem im getting... where i havent found the right flavor to drip with..

Anyone else have this kind of reaction?

I think, for most active peoples, that`s the way to go.

I had a real infatuation with my dripper, for a little while. But now I`m on the kayfun trying to iron the kinks out on it, and I`v been using it most of the day for a few days now, and then at the end of the day I will re-wick the dripper and have some real fun.

Tank for work breaks and convenience, dripper for the easy chair when all the work is done. :?)

Works for me.

R

Well I actually carry my dripper with me. I drip and drive. The builds I have give me about 5 hits before a dry hit so at a red light I pull off the top cap, drip it and usually have time for 1 vape. I have a nautilus mini and an iTaste VV when I know I will be too busy to use my dripper.

I am having exactly the same problem. I have really enjoyed building the coils I have done. I like the performance, I just don't like the flavor. I need to find different flavors, at least I hope!

I found mine!!! Since the peach blast was too sweet I went with the more mellow watermelon regular and did about 20 drops then I added 6 drops of evergreen glacier (minty kind) to get a bit if a fresh finish in the throat. Fell in love with my first hit!

My nautilus cartel+ nautilus is definately going to be my go-to set up but at the office on breaks I'm gonna drip for sure!!! Stoked!

That is great!

I tried the watermelon in mine and didn't care for it. I have 3 different versions of watermelon. I will mess with it more when I get home and see what I find. I have a spearmint/peppermint/menthol that I like in my little 510 dripping atomizers, but it is too strong in my TOBH. I may do a little mixing and see what I come up with. I have 3 new flavors sitting at the post office. I don't even remember what they are. I have ordered so many small sample sized I can't keep them straight!

what didnt you like with what you were dripping?

Personnaly found it too sweet so I went for something more mellow. Then again what might be sweet for me might not be for someone else.. especially with my standards haha I dont have any sweets almost never but I can clear a bag of salt and vinagre chips in half an hour haha

I also personally love a freshness at the end of the exhaling but not to the point of making my throat feel like its frozen!

p.s. gonna rebuild my second stillair tonight and redo the mixing to get it on lock down!

LOVE finding the perfect mix and hit and strength and all! its an everchanging hobby and with more mods and attys im sure ill be trying to get another mix soon enough!

I really can't explain it. It is really everything that is too intense flavor-wise. I think it is too fruity, and too sweet. I really only enjoy fruit type flavors in the tanks, but it is off putting in the TOBH. My little 510 atomizers that I drip in don't bother me, it tastes much like the tanks, and they are great for trying different flavors.

I need to just order a bunch of random samples that I think I won't like and just rewick until I find the right one!

I think the closest analogy I can come up with is garlic. I love spicy food, and I love garlic. If you get just a little too much garlic in something I can't eat it, it tastes terrible.

I am also with you on the salt and vinegar, one of my favorites! I also love sweets but I tend to go on sweet binges that last a few days. I will eat them 3 meals a day for a while, then won't touch them for weeks. My wife jokes that I am having a low blood sugar spell that lasts a few days. Or a sweet tooth ache.

Hahaha that's a good one!!!

At my local shop there's a bar with all the flavors they hold so it's very convenient! Especially this time around. Does yours? I must of tried 12 today and when I hit watermelon I tried a few more, went back to watermelon then a few more and finally decided that was the one! It's nice having a few flavors but when I get sick of them I usualy throw them to a buddy who just started or they just sit there and never get used so For me it's better to find what I like and stick to it

I may run into the local shop Saturday. They keep all of the sample flavors in little Iclear16's. I like that about them, because it is a good little dual coil tank. I have never seen just bottles sitting around that you can drip whild you sit there. They just opened a new location and it may be different. I will have to check it out.

I think the kayfun's look great. I definately want one. I just wish I could find a flavor that will work in them.

It is so strange. I love my flavors in the Nautilus, both with the BDC and BVC coils. BVC has a little better flavor, but I can't keep them from flooding. I went back to the BDC for my daily setup. BVC in my backup.

That would be ideal. I will look into it. I have seen others in there with their setups, but never really paid attention. I have sat in there and vaped on the little iclear's until i was dizzy. I don't have a clue how many flavors they have but the endless trays of clero's they carry around is amazing.

I would be curious to know if I wicked it very short, would it make it easier to change flavors? I don't want to load it up and have to wade through too many overlapping flavors.

I drive so much, I don't think I will every get away from tanks and their convenience. (of course i have been wrong before) I do enjoy dripping at the house/hotel.

To be honest, I am growing increasingly weary of the B&M's. I feel like most in my area are promoting the anti-social, rebellious aspects of the hobby. I am a long time headbanger so I am comfortable with the people, I just don't have time to wade through the masses of young cloud chasers to get the products that keep me from smoking analogs.

Sorry for the mini rant. I have no problem with cloud chasing, or young people. I know the local shops have to follow the money. I just want to get in and get out. That is why I want to find what I need from the internet. It is just easier for me.

I guess I am getting old and grouchy!

To be honest, I am growing increasingly weary of the B&M's. I feel like most in my area are promoting the anti-social, rebellious aspects of the hobby. I am a long time headbanger so I am comfortable with the people, I just don't have time to wade through the masses of young cloud chasers to get the products that keep me from smoking analogs.

Sorry for the mini rant. I have no problem with cloud chasing, or young people. I know the local shops have to follow the money. I just want to get in and get out. That is why I want to find what I need from the internet. It is just easier for me.

I guess I am getting old and grouchy!

You expressed my exact sentiment probably better than I could. I never go to B&Ms (or pay their prices) but follow their Facebook pages and much like this and every other forum everything is about a rebuild-able this or sub ohm that or cloud chasing...all thing that I could really care less about. Nothing against those that do, but its not "me".

I use tanks, have always used tanks and do not see that changing. Just no need to shop around at this point since I am more than happy with what I have and will continue to use.

Edited by bcartervol98

I totally understand what you're saying.

I don't want to give the wrong impression. I really like the rebuildables. I have not found anything I like to vape in them. It is kind of like if I want a beer, I go to the liquor store and grab some (or Walmart), I don't go to the bar. I guess the social end of things is good, it just isn't my thing.

I totally understand what you're saying.

I don't want to give the wrong impression. I really like the rebuildables. I have not found anything I like to vape in them. It is kind of like if I want a beer, I go to the liquor store and grab some (or Walmart), I don't go to the bar. I guess the social end of things is good, it just isn't my thing.

Yea thats all I am saying. I am 44 now (old) and am not judging but its the same reason I rarely go to bars. I am at a point I am comfortable in life but it takes a lot of work to stay there with my lifestyle. It is hard to justify any time at all away from my family, the lake or work to sit in a Vape Lounge or a bar and swap stories about how low my resistance i or how many shots I can do (a lot) lol. I would rather be in the cove!

I guess it's a 44 year old thing. I turned 44. I still go to the bars for metal shows occasionally, but that's about it.

I work on the road 5 days a week, and my wife 3-5 days. We really cherish our "home time". Kids are grownish.

My vaping is mostly to keep from smoking, except in the evenings. Thats my time to relax with a drink and taste some juice. It reminds me of the the cigar in the evening.

Sorry for the total thread hijack and rant!

Guys I love it haha dont be sorry!

i would tend to say its more of a maturity thing.. not to boast or anything but im a little over half that age and much rather a nice evening out with the wife over not hearing myself speak in a bar NOT TO MENTION the wallet loves it too! well...not really... instead of spending in bars/clubs or whatever its more on a nice plate with even better wine haha

Im gonna enjoy it now before the kids come into the picture because i know when that happens Ill want to be with them 24/7 and i can only imagine the scedual & costs that will come with it!!!

My dripping is almost exclusively going to be at work since its an office setting so before i go out, drip drip drip. go out and come back in i have a drawer thats getting pretty full of vape stuff haha any other time its going to be tanks for sure! Just to swing some variety in there since i think ive found my flavors and setups and dont want to get bored and make bad decisions (stinkies)!!!

But hold on a minute... you guys have beer at walmart????? man-oh-man!

I mean I tried dripping and I guess I just do not get it personally. I know many love it and many love rebuilding things. Personally when my lawn mower breaks, I go buy a new one. Fix it? Nahh I wouldn't even know where to start.

Like I said many times between my wife's 10 tanks and my 12 it is a huge pain in the *** for me to fill them once or twice a week so I cannot even imaging messing with any of that stuff. I would rather just throw 5-6 tanks in my case, 4-5 batteries in my bag and head to the boat ready to vape.

In the end, all our goal is the same and it is hard to believe I have been almost 500 days without a tobacco product touching my lips!

Yes beer at Wal-Mart. It is a good thing! I am really not a big drinker anymore. I do enjoy it from time to time.

I understand on not wanting to fix things. I do enjoy tinkering, but hate when I have to do it. (Like fix the lawnmower) I totally am with you on the tank thing though. It is just so easy. I fill my nautilus in the morning jump in the car and go. I hated when all I had was a KPT2 mini and I had to fill it twice a day because if it got low it would leak. (I could flood a desert, some tanks I just can't make work)

I am an extremely nervous person, borderline ADD. I have to be busy, I can't turn off my brain. If I didn't have this stuff in the evenings to relax and take my mind off of life, i would be working. I have learned to turn it off a bit over the weekend, but not as well as I should.

Congratulations on nearly 500 days...that is epic!