It's been a great vaping day!

I did two new things today! I got my vamo v5 in the mail today and started vaping it! Still getting used to it. It's my first mod. So far so good. I also got some 30 gauge kanthal and 100% organic cotton in the mail and rebuilt my first kanger coil! It his great but it's a little lower ohm than I'm used to. I started out with 12 wraps but it wouldn't fit between the metal so I took it down to 8. It's at 1.6 ohms which isn't to bad for a first try I guess. I wanted more like 2.2. Practice makes perfect. I'm going to try to rebuild 3 more.

8 wraps - you must be wrapping them small too. What are you using to wrap them?

You can always increase the diameter and do fewer wraps to get them to fit too."..

10 wrps of 30 on a 1/16 bit get me 2.02 or so.

Try pinching it in spring tweezers and torching it till its all red, then let it cool while in the tweezers, for a nice tight micro coil. I found this necessary to get it in there with enough room that I was comfortable with her using it, LOL.

My Miss`s uses ego batteries so I have to wrap hers at 2 ohm so it don`t burn on a fresh battery. :?)

Best of luck,

R

Jinx, ha, ha.

Your screw driver may be too large. A Smaller diameter coil means a higher resistance. I would be willing to bet your screw driver is more along the lines of 3/32 or larger.

Try a drill bit.

Edited by VapeHappy

Right on, glad that worked.

I misspoke thou, a smaller diameter only works if the wire itself is smaller also, but you get it. :?)

I use 1/16 inch in the hole bunch of kanger-evod heads we got because it fits well enough I don`t worry about grounding it out.

Have fun.

R

I'm wrapping them around an eyeglass screwdriver. Than I put them between tweezers to tighten and burn them. Then I thread the screw drive back threw and use it to place the coil while I put the head back together.

Yeah. I use one of those jumbo paper clips. 5/4 wraps give me 1.5 and 6/5 gives me 1.8 and they fit nicely and give me better airflow than the stock coils. :)

Edit : that's with 30g

Edited by Bebop12