What Will Happen When Bans Make Vape Culture Go Up in Smoke?

latinosvape

No it will not effect the way I vape. I will continue to make juice and build my own coils. I have enough gear that I can vape the rest of my life. It will however effect new vapers and those that have yet to try vaping.

Yes we need more studies If nothing else, to prove how much better it is to vape for not only the vaper, but those around them. It can also help improve what we vape and what is truly harmful as additives to the juice that is made. For example, added food coloring, is it safe? Why add it if it only makes it look like the flavor it claims to be. Do Lime vapes need to be green?

There are questions that need firm and un bias answers. The fear mongering and speculations surrounding vaping need to be quelled so the truth can be the deciding factor.

Ok, OK! I admit it. I'm addicted. And the vapor is not just water.. there is 'some' nicotine. I get it. There may also be a chemical or two that I will just term "a bad idea". But, flavors? Seriously? Get a life! And kids wanting to vape? How is that an argument??? I just don't get that one. It's definitely going to get more strict, sadly. But, it's been beautiful while it lasted. In December in will be 3 years since I've begun vaping and stopped analogs--completely. I just don't plan on quitting. It's been a wonderful near 3 years.

If they can move away from comparing it to smoking cigarettes and move towards something more comparable to nicotine such as caffein then maybe we have a chance... but due to the correlation and relationship between smoking and vaping I dont think that is something in the foreseeable future. Personnaly I dont smoke indoors unless i get the okay from the owner of the store bar office house whatever. its a question of respect. The price might stop newcomers but for us who have found their sweet spots I dont think it will do any harm. the juice might go up in price but a lot of people make their own which I would start doing if it got rediculous!

They can ban the nicotine, they cant ban the vape.

Even now if you want you can setup your mod so that it produces 0 vapor but still deliver nicotine and pleasure. Use pg, hold it in. Double intakes of air. 0 vapor on the exhale. For all intenden purpose im sucking on a big stick as far aa they know

After putting more thought into this, I got to thinking about the facts............

We ARE discussing a government that could`nt even control marijuana use, LOLOLOL.

They got really big stones to think they are going to control this!!

Edited to add:

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Edited by VapeHappy

• 1 year later...

There might be tight regulation but I highly doubt there will ever be a complete ban. Many years ago it was a huge issue that many of us old timers fought pretty hard against. (California almost had a complete ban if it wasn't for Arnold) Supplies were being seized at the border and shortages weren't unheard of. At that time though the vape community was small and it has since grown exponentially. 

What I do see happening is regulation, in fact it's inevitable. Honestly, given the way some of this "US Liquid" is made, it's probably needed to be honest. In any case the community now is not only large it's well educated. Forums like this one provide such a wealth of information that there will always be access to hardware and liquid. Either by questionable means or home brews. 

My best guess is bottled liquid will become a thing of the past. At least for general retail. Regulation is likely going to require that retailers and wholesalers provide a safer way to distribute e-liquid. This past year alone has seen a rise in children poisoned by liquid nicotine. What form remains to be seen but I assume it'll be similar to cartomizers or tanks that require a removable storage units. (Sort of how the Joye eGo C works but the cartridges will be prefilled) 

Big Tobacco is involved now and a once industry with a bleak future has had life breathed into it. They're not going to let it go anywhere. What they will do however is lobby for tightly controlled permits and regulation. This will also likely include propaganda and marketing techniques to ensure vaping remains legal but "safer for the children" (not that I'm against safer storage mind you). The truth is the competition right now is wide open in a wild wild west fashion. Just about anyone with extra savings and passion for vaping is opening either an online or retail store. Many of whom aren't even aware of the general history of electronic cigarettes. (A shop owner once told me that e-liquid has never been sold in high PG form. I told him that prior to RBA's that was ********. People wanted throat hit and the only vapers that used VG at one time were those sensitive to PG) Prices are all over the place. Some stores charge huge markups while others sell under what a normal product would be sold to cover overhead because they supplement their income with a daytime job. It's been really interesting to witness since 2008.

Anyway my point is the big players are slowly moving towards controlling the market. We already have reliable devices and a solid foundation for e-liquid. Now all that needs to be done is to rein in the consumers. They'll do this through expensive regulation that most smaller mom and pop shops will be unable to adhere to financially. (This eliminating the competition)

Edited by Christopher