Nicotine

You can see by my ticker how long its been since an analog. In that time I have gone from 24mg to 3mg. Of course I kind of spiked up going the RDA route to kick the analogs for good. I finally got down to 3mg on the kayfun. I was going strong for about a week. Then today hit in and leaving work a cigarette seemed to be the only answer that calmed me down. Kayfun tank was empty. Held it together and got home. Then I filled my tank with OOmg juice. Vaped it a while seemed okay.

DARK feelings grabbed a hold and now I have 24mg juice in my .38ohm dripper. AHHHH

Anyone else hit these brick walls?

I haven't taken the same path as you, but I get the fact that an rda or even kayfun will cause the nic levels to need adjustment. In 2 mo's ish youv'e made a ton of adjustments already. Nothing wrong with it. However, the faster you move up can also meen you skip a step or 2 without realizing it. At the end of the day what keeps you off analogs is whats right for you.

From typical ego/or entry level devices to mech mod/rdas in 30-60 days. I don't dought your ability to use mechs at all. I meant that it can be a challenge to go from analogs to rda's in a short time without some hiccups. Nic levels for one, flavors may not be the same/good. Just don't stop trying!

Oh gotcha!! Well I did blu's for almost a year to back down on analogs. Then I got the clearomizers and got down to a few analogs a day for a few months. Then I got the Kayfun and it was about the same. It was not until I got the RDA that I was able to kick the analogs. On my RDA I went 18, 12, 6, and 4. Then its been a week of 6 in the kayfun, this is almost like NOTHING compared to the RDA, but I held it out. Then I stepped to 4 in the kayfun, then 3 this weekend. 3 has been a challenge, 0 was empowering until I SNAPPED!!! Just a few clouds out of my RDA and my head went clear and I actually had a smile.

Thanks!

I am totally with you Richstag. I did the cig-a-likes on and off for at least a year. I smoked and vaped for at least a month with the twists and iclears. I now use the small atomizers, tanks, and just started the RDA's. I have not been off analogs that long. I still have my moments from time to time when job, or family stress pushes me right up to the edge of smoking again. I have been able, up to this point, been able to stop myself and hit the nautilus for a few long chain vapes with 24 and it has passed. I still buy mainly 24mg juice. I have been telling myself I won't start stepping down my nicotine until I get at least 3-4 months under my belt. At this point and time, I am going through 90ml every 2 weeks of my main juice. I figure if I start making it longer than 2 weeks and have less analog urges, I will be ready to step down. I really don't have a lot of willpower, so I don't want to make too many sudden changes.

I have a neice who has stopped smoking, started vaping, and now has quit vaping in the amount of time that I have been off of analogs and she said she is doing great. I know it is possible for some people. I just think I am not one of the lucky ones.

You and I both quit at about the same time, and it sounds like you are doing much better than I am! Keep up the good work!

You know, every once in a while I get a rediculous urge to smoke a cigarette. I usualy find one within 2 minutes and head down from my office to light it up... after 2-3 puffs I am completely turned off. that happenned repeatedly every couple days a week until my head clicked and I was able to say "chris, dont. just take a couple drags from your PV and it will pass. which it did. even now I still get those urges and I wont be ashamed to say that I have caved a few times! as long as Im not buying packs and not smoking every day/week then I am happy because we all know that bit by bit it will completely disgust us in time.

I'm with you Chris! I am definitely not gonna fault a guy for that. It seems like every time I get a major urge, I am alone. I would have to go buy a pack, and a lighter. I think that added bit of work really helps keep me from doing it. I luckily have never had the urge when I am around friends who smoke. I think when I am around them, I don't want to smoke in front of them because they all know of my commitment!

I'm with you Chris! I am definitely not gonna fault a guy for that. It seems like every time I get a major urge, I am alone. I would have to go buy a pack, and a lighter. I think that added bit of work really helps keep me from doing it. I luckily have never had the urge when I am around friends who smoke. I think when I am around them, I don't want to smoke in front of them because they all know of my commitment!

With friends that smoke is actually harder for me! unless the wife is around haha shes my main motivation! this past weekend went up north for a guys weekend and my brother smokes... I had a few but as soon as I got back home it never even crossed my mind!

I've got an iclear 16 loaded with 24mg nic juice for the analog urge. Works almost all of the time. I did slip last week and tried one with the boss. Damn that thing was nasty and gave me an instant headache. By that afternoon my head felt better and I was back to my mini with 18mg nic. Can't expect miracles and we will slip up once in a while.

I don`t think I`d trade my ecig for all the stinky sticks in the world.

I still smoke 36 mg, I smoke it allot. I like the fact that I can control it much better than tobacco. I can stay on it until I`m getting green, and I don`t have to relite. For me its the perfect delivery system for the stuff I love, which of course, is nicotine.

Keep those anal-logs, (LOL) When I want nicotine, I know how to get it. :?)

(Ya, I might just be lit up right now, LOLOLOL)

R :?)

Oh PS, Rich,

I looked at your ticker after posting. Maybe you are trying to go down too fast? Long term addictions can take a reasonably long time to get rid of, if planed our right.

Obviously going down on the sauce is the least of my worries right now, perhaps some day I will want to, but right now Im just switching seats on the Titanic, and that`s good enough for me. Its so much cheaper! And I like it much better as I am in more control of the delivery!

FWIW, it was 90 days yesterday for US, and honestly since I got on the ecig, a stinky has not even been a fleeting concern for me. But as I mentioned, I keep the sauce potent, :?)

Best.

Randall

• 2 months later...