Possibly beneficial news.

Vaping "as a last resort...." lol. They're only saying that as there is no profit in it for them.....yet. they'll be singing a different tune once regulation goes full effect, taxes come in and their hand is in the pie...

• 2 months later...

I found the comments to the article more encouraging than the actual article. I still can't believe that even with only anecdotal evidence those who want the public to stop smoking aren't screaming 'hallelujah!'. If someone like me, a hardcore full flavour 2 pack a day for almost 50 years smoker can quit so painlessly, then everyone at least has a chance at it. Those 'approved' methods like patches and gum don't even take the edge off. I read recently that President Obama still used nicotine gum for the cravings as he was rebuked for chewing gum on his recent visit to China. Maybe one of us should send him a starter kit for a Christmas present. I sure wish the people that were highlighted in the article would take the time to talk to some real ex smokers, or read the forums.

But either way, if vaping is considered just another addiction, but gets rid of the cancer and other horrible disease factors, it seems like a win win. Just tax it, not regulate it, well maybe moderately just for quality control. The sky's the limit for this technology it seems. I't grown so exponentially in such a short time and actually works. I don't care if I'm addicted to it for my probably significantly longer life. I don't actually believe it's anyway near as strong an addiction as tobacco. Nicotine is only mildly addictive in my experience. All the other chemicals in tobacco smoke seem far more active than given credit. I think vaping should be on the very front lines to overcome tobacco addiction as it actually works, unlike those stupid 'approved' methods which to me were totally worthless expenses.