battery heating up

jsr27

what set up are you using? because if you are using low ohm coils I would not use panasonic batteries.

I routinely use Panasonic 18650 batteries in my mech mods with 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coils with no problem. Why shouldn't you do this?

I routinely use Panasonic 18650 batteries in my mech mods with 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coils with no problem. Why shouldn't you do this?

Tam, I'll assume Charles' statement was meant for sub-ohming?

All the Panasonic batteries I have are rated at 10A, which (in a mechanical MOD) are perfectly safe for any coils over 1.0 Ohms. At 10A limits, the lowest coil these batteries could handle would be 0.45 Ohm, but I'd not trust them on anything lower than 0.8 Ohm (5.25A @ 4.2V), just to give a margin of safety by the "Rule of Two" - Use a battery of at least twice the load/discharge capacity of your expected average load.

Now, specs on the Vamo V5 max at 6V, and is limited at 15W, The lowest coil resistance stated it can fire is 1.2 Ohms, and circuitry limits Amp output to 3.2A loads... which means Panasonic batteries are well within the operational limitations of the Vamo V5, and 3.2A should NOT heat up a 10A battery!

To JSR27... More info would be handy to have... 10A Panasonic batteries should not be heating up your Vamo even if you push it to it's operational limits and chain-vape 10-second drags... What tank/RBA are you using, and what resistance is your coil? Are you chain vaping it? is it just WARM or H O T? Which "real" Panasonic batteries are you using? Model? mAh? Details are necessary!

Tam, I'll assume Charles' statement was meant for sub-ohming?

All the Panasonic batteries I have are rated at 10A, which (in a mechanical MOD) are perfectly safe for any coils over 1.0 Ohms. At 10A limits, the lowest coil these batteries could handle would be 0.45 Ohm, but I'd not trust them on anything lower than 0.8 Ohm (5.25A @ 4.2V), just to give a margin of safety by the "Rule of Two" - Use a battery of at least twice the load/discharge capacity of your expected average load.

Now, specs on the Vamo V5 max at 6V, and is limited at 15W, The lowest coil resistance stated it can fire is 1.2 Ohms, and circuitry limits Amp output to 3.2A loads... which means Panasonic batteries are well within the operational limitations of the Vamo V5, and 3.2A should NOT heat up a 10A battery!

To JSR27... More info would be handy to have... 10A Panasonic batteries should not be heating up your Vamo even if you push it to it's operational limits and chain-vape 10-second drags... What tank/RBA are you using, and what resistance is your coil? Are you chain vaping it? is it just WARM or H O T? Which "real" Panasonic batteries are you using? Model? mAh? Details are necessary!

For my RDAs I only use the Sony VTC4 or VTC5. For tanks like the KPT2 or Nautilus with a 1.8 ohm coil, that's when I use the Panasonic batteries. It's hard to figure out what's being asked when there's not much detail. :)

For my RDAs I only use the Sony VTC4 or VTC5. For tanks like the KPT2 or Nautilus with a 1.8 ohm coil, that's when I use the Panasonic batteries. It's hard to figure out what's being asked when there's not much detail. :)

:D Exactly!

Yes I was referring to sub ohming. I should of specified.

Nah, I shouldn't try to post on forums after a grueling 14 hour work day. I don't make much sense and wind up asking all manner of weird questions to try to fill in the blanks in my head. Lol. :D