First Coils on RBA - WOW

I said I would wait until I got a mod, but couldn't wait. I got my Kanthal in today. 26, 28, 30, and 32 ga. I don't have a mechanical yet so I wrapped a .9 ohm single coil on my TOBH and wicked it with organic cotton. 7 wraps of 26ga on 2.8mm.

At 11 watts on my MVP it is amazing. It doesn't put out clouds, but flavor is too good. I never dreamed that my juice would taste so powerful that it is nearly off putting. I know that is a stupid complaint...too much flavor, but that is the truth.

I don't have any low nicotine juice, so I am using my 24mg stuff. It is a little strong but it works.

I now see what all the fuss is about!

OOPS! I meant RDA in the Topic.

Edited by jasonculp

I dabbled in rba's with a Genisis atomizer which I hated and it took me a year later before I'd try anything rebuildable again.

Now I own a bunch of Kanger tanks and vv/vw mods I need to sell in the classifieds soon.

Rda's are more work, but we'll worth it. Plus expect your juice usage to go way up now also.

I even rebuilt my coils in my regular tanks and still couldn't come close to the flavor of a good rba.

When you do go with mechs make sure you buy the best batteries and charger you can find, you will thank yourself later for that.

Edited by Dasfriek

Thanks!

Mike, you're correct. That is exactly why I built a .9. I made a few 1.4 - 1.5's and they took a while to heat up. I did the math and according to everything I could find, .9 would be exactly at the upper limits of the device (if it would fire at all).

Dasfriek, I ordered a couple of VTC4's and an Nitecore i4.

I'm enjoying it. I still primarily like the tanks, but I think it is just because I don't care for my normal juice in the dripper. My juice has a great flavor in the Nautilus, it is just too intense in the TOBH.

Is this unusual?

Yes but as you cut nic you'll also cut flavor so if you have a seperate bottle to try to mix some cut juice in then you Dont oops an ruin your juice. At 1.4 ohm you'll maybe find you Dont need to add VG. Play w it a bit. I went to a creamier base when I went to a RDA.. but everyone's different.

Edited by Mtdobies

I do have extra juice and bottles. I just don't have any VG. Dropping the nicotine shouldn't be a problem either, it is kinda making my head spin. Which I really don't understand. I have days where the 24 seems too weak in my tanks, but it is kicking my a$$ in the RDA. I will have to test.

I do like the idea of trying some creamier juices.

Thanks for the help Mtdobies!