New to Box Mods

Vh2010

Hi, I've been relatively new to the vaping scene. My girlfriend had bought me a chi-you/ Nimbus RDA combo a few months back, but I've been looking into box mods. I've been watching a lot of RIP Tripper videos and was wondering whether I should get the "Cana Modz" 30 way device for $70 bucks or the "iPV2" 50 watt device for about $110. Rip had listed a handful of cons for the iPV2 but nothing really said about the Cana Modz. Does anyone with either device have any useful input to sway my decision?

**just a random beginner question: If box mods are "regulated" at cetain wattage/ voltage. What kind of wattage/ voltage does mech mods put out?**

To understand mechanical mods you need to understand ohms law. Here's a good site with a calculator http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

Take my setup on my hades, my battery is 4.2 fully charged, my coil has a resistance of .33 ohms so by knowing those 2 variables I know it's firing at 53 watts and drawing close to 13 amps

Hope that helps you a little

Box mods basically have a capacitor which means that it can put out more voltage/wattage then what is going into it. So you can out 50w through any coil. That's basically how it works, I'm not at my pc or I would send some links to the exact components.

Edited by Vaporsmith

Box mods basically have a capacitor which means that it can put out more voltage/wattage then what is going into it. So you can out 50w through any coil. That's basically how it works, I'm not at my pc or I would send some links to the exact components.

Thats more of the components inside the box mod, whether its the dna 30 or the sx350 (or whatever that chip is called). The term nox mod is more of a style of enclosure. Im pretty sure you can still get your hands on a fully mechanical box mod fairly easy, even if they arent too popular these days.