Why does my battery get hot?

robv1978

Is the actual battery just getting hot is the mod itself getting hot?

Sometimes little metal shavings get scraped into the button and can cause heat issues.

Clean the mod with tarn x and see if that helps. If it is just the battery, I don't really know what would cause that.

Edited by Vaporsmith

You would think that someone who is so responsible and so quick to blame everyone else would do more research on his batteries and not expect someone else to tell him everything he believes. Not singling anyone out, just speaking in general. It gets hot because a battery has internal resistance which causes it to produce heat when discharging high amperage.

Edited by mvince201

Use a vtc4 or 5

Both of the batteries mentioned are not true 30/40 amp batteries and fall very short of their maH rating as well. If you are running anything below .6 on an Efest it WILL get warm, period. They are dollar store batteries.

Edited by mvince201

Use a vtc4 or 5

Both of the batteries mentioned are not true 30/40 amp batteries and fall very short of their maH rating as well. If you are running anything below .6 on an Efest it WILL get warm, period. They are dollar store batteries.

That was what I thought, he insisted they were 30s.

Exactly. Say you have a copper contact that is corroded over... that causes resistance...resistance causes heat. This will transfer quickly into the battery, or could just be making the mech feel hot.

Loose contacts do the same thing. They cause resistance and can even cause arching.

SOrry if this isn't explained perfect

I guess it was the spring or pin. I bought a nemesis clone today and have no hot battery issues. Just the transference onto the body. I'm currently running a .2 ohm RDA. I think my next purchase will be an RDA with heat sinks. There's a few out there priced well.

• 4 years later...