How long should an atomizer last?

Kahnfuzed

Yes, it would help to know the brand and style of atomizer/coil.

For reference, I've had a couple of my Kanger single-coils last only days, and several keep going strong for 6-weeks or more! Mostly, they hold up for 3-5 weeks before the draw becomes an issue for me, and I tend to change them out at the first signs of hash-draw, burnt-flavor, dry-flavor, etc.

vaping 70/30 juice. 2-3 ml a day. 3.7volts from the mec on a nautilus tank. i change the coils every month even though they could probably last longer regardless just for maintenance.
My first ecig had a disposable atomizer and that lasted me a month with the same habits. It started burning the wick it tasted nasty etc. Since i have something built better it hasnt gotten burnt at the one month mark yet.

FWIW

Edited by christov11

Like Bebop said, some atomizers only last a few days while other last much longer. In my experience, some of the bridged atomizers I've tried lasted mere minutes while my HH.357 atomizer (the one I only vape fruit flavors in), is still going strong and it's been over eight months so far. It all depends on what it is, the quality of the build, the type of juice, the ratios of the mix, if the moon is blue, the wind is coming from the west, etc. etc. So many variables play into how long an atomizer can last. :)

The actual quality of the coils should be ascertained first. Some are complete rubbish.

If you are buying your attys at the quicky cig mart, they come out of a bucket, and are not stamped with a Ohm value, chance are very good they will not last. Buy name brand coils first and foremost.

After that, if its good coil, I used to get about 2 weeks on a good coil if I kept to light juices with a 50/50 mix of PGVG. As I used darker juices the life span would diminish, sometimes drastically. On some of my darker juices they would`nt last more then a couple of days, but I like the darker juice`s so it was part of the deal.

Basically, lighter juices will go easy on the atty, darker juices will go harder on the atty. I really wanted to quit smoking so now I have a bunch of mecs and RBA`a and one RDA and have`nt thought about smoking in the least bit for awhile.

Cheers,

R