.7 ohm build on MVP 2.0

Anything is possible, but drawing more amps than a device is rated for, is not safe. IMO... That is asking for bad things to happen. If someone wants to do sub ohm they need to get a proper setup. Over taxing a device that was not meant for it, hoping it will work, will only get people hurt.

Personally, I'm amazed the protection circuitry (limiters) would allow the unit to even fire with a coil lower than 1.0 Ohms... and I'm pretty sure unless they "changed" something, it didn't happen :)

The MVP limits/stops at 5V or 11W. Using ANY coil below 0.99 Ohms, regardless of Voltage or Wattage setting, the unit will (should) only fire at the lowest available voltage, 3.3V, yielding the upper-limit (highest power setting) of 11W, and drawing 3.33A. Like I said, "should fire", but my guess is the protection circuitry would register a fault and prevent a sub-ohm coil from firing.

I have no idea on the battery inside these things, but I would assume it to be a 7A battery at a minimum, and likely a 10A to reduce heat generated by max loads?

I think it said in the PDF that I downloaded, it said 3 amps was its limit.

Personally, I'm amazed the protection circuitry (limiters) would allow the unit to even fire with a coil lower than 1.0 Ohms... and I'm pretty sure unless they "changed" something, it didn't happen :)

The MVP limits/stops at 5V or 11W. Using ANY coil below 0.99 Ohms, regardless of Voltage or Wattage setting, the unit will (should) only fire at the lowest available voltage, 3.3V, yielding the upper-limit (highest power setting) of 11W, and drawing 3.33A. Like I said, "should fire", but my guess is the protection circuitry would register a fault and prevent a sub-ohm coil from firing.

I have no idea on the battery inside these things, but I would assume it to be a 7A battery at a minimum, and likely a 10A to reduce heat generated by max loads?

My MVP 2 that I sold would fire a .4 coil.

Do you know what the amps were?

Also do any of you know how you can put a DNA 20 chip in the mvp and a better battery.