Questions for the next step: RBA

christov11

After spending 4-5 hours looking at tutorials on youtube about building last night and today looking at different RBAs... I feel that its the next step for me.

It seems that most builds people post about are for RDAs...

Now Im a tank guy and dont really want to be refilling/ dripping 3 times a day. I would be comfortable with filling it once a day.

1. Im thinking that something like the kraken or the 91% russian/kayfun(aparently the same thing) has a tank that feeds the wick. please correct me if im wrong. I think 2-3ml with my current tanks is what i vape durring a day.

2. The other peice of info I cant seem to find is how long the build will last. My curernt tanks (nautilus, emow) I tend to change the coil once a month regardless of if the taste is still good. Simply, because i want to avoid being stuck with a bad coil. Im very cautious and always have spare coils with me and juice bottles and of course a backup. Unless im stepping out for an amount of time where I know i wont really NEED to vape.

3. Given the case where a build would last me a week to a month. Another thing I would like to do would be to build multiple ready to go coils already wicked for me to just test on an ohm reader once right when building and once before installing since I would have these at my desk at work and at home. I would buy individual miniature ziploc bags to keep them in (the kind used for "other things"). Is this plausible? Or, would I really have to build them one by one?

Now, I know there are a LOT of safety issues to take into consideration which is one of the reasons I dont want to go into subohm-ing. Not yet anyway. But trust me when I say I am very cautious and even if it isnt important AT ALL, if I can build then test then store the coils for a while. I would FOR SURE retest them before plugging it in.

I'm guessing the taste is going to be a nice difference too. Also that the juice consumption is going to go up. Would I have trouble appreciating my nautilus afterwards for more "on the go" kindof vaping (taste/nic fix)?

I cant stress enough how much you have all helped me so far and I appreciate the advice already given and look forward to the advice yet to come! I do apologize if there has been some rediculous NOOB questions before haha. Just a guy tryin to make his hobby progress!

Edited by christov11

1. The kayfun/russian 91% or Kraken are both excellent choices. IMO the Kayfun will give you exceptional flavor whereas the Kraken will give you a little better vapor production. In either instance both work very well.

2. A build will last simply as long as you want it to last. Personally. I re-build about once a week on my daily setup. Some people use the same coil for a month or two months. Also, I'm sure you're aware that you can replace the wick without replacing the coil. I often re-wick my builds when changing flavors or just because it starts to taste off.

3. Although I do not see many people pre-wrap their coils, I don't see why you couldn't and why it wouldn't work. Just be careful about wrapping too many, because you will likely want to move up gradually as you get more and more used to it. i.e. When I started building coils I was building to about .9 -1.2 ohm, 2 weeks later I was building to .2.-.4, two weeks later I was sub-ohming. Different strokes for different folks I guess though.

I can still enjoy a nautilus, but only if I have to. But I know several people that own drippers of every shape and size but still vape their tanks daily. Personally I'm stuck on drippers. Have a kayfun but don't often use it.

Cheers!

I love my Russian, its a grab and go Rba, same as the kayfun, its a good solid tank, coil I Dont bother changing I think its been 3 weeks now, I do however rewick it regularly, takes about 2 mins to dry burn the coil and stick another batch of cotton in fill the tank and go.

I've heard of issues w the kraken. I Dont know from experience.

I love my rda's and the magma has deep wells doesn't need the constant refill but yes more then the rba way more, although theyre not the hassles I was lead to believe either.

I love the better taste of build your own convenience and ability to clean and go, less expense and time.

The only time I had a issue was when I didn't pay ATTN and the locking ring wasn't on and it was hot although the battery did not vent, was at 2.4 eek but was just fine.

You have to be careful but..

Coil building is fun & addictive.

I couldn't ask for a better response! Thank you so much!

I always thought a coil would end up burning out more easily than a prefabricated one for some reason.

Well, here comes another shopping spree!!! I hope I don't bust my vape budget this time... Although it would be the first time that would happen hahaha

Cart looks full... but you'll want to change that shipping address to Kentucky :D

I'll chime in on the Kraken... I don't have one, but want one... and from what I've read on them, the o-rings are the biggest complaint, so be prepared to run to the hardware store and pick up thicker o-rings, or it may leak. I'm not sure about the one you're buying, but just wanted to toss that out there, as leakage is the #1 complaint regarding Kraken clones (and a few of the genuine).

BTW, I love the look of the Brass Stillare... now I'm jealous!

I couldn't figure out which were which with the kenthal they give thickness in mm not gauges. And couldn't find cotton but I'll be tweeking the cart tonight. I was thinking cotton as well. Most builds I've seen used cotton. Is it just cheaper? Or are there more noticeable dofferences

yeah Ive seen similar reviews... which worries me... but then again its a one stop shop which is what attracted me to them. versus other sites ive seen i would have to peice together a few things here and there and pay seperate shipping etc... tomorrow will be decision time on that full cart!