IPV2

Just received my first box mod the IPV2 50W box mod for $109 from https://bevapehappy.com/shop/ipv2-50w-box-mod-by-pioneer4you/. Only 10 left in stock.

I've been using it for 1 day and I am very pleased with it's performance. If you are looking for a variable wattage device that is small and very clean looking that performs great and cost relatively cheap then I would give this a hard long look. One word of advise....after you put in a fresh battery the system resets itself to 50watts so that first toke can be a nasty life experience that you won't soon forget. So dont forget to turn down the wattage after a fresh battery install.

DG

Edited by dragongunner

From what I know, it resets back to 15watts after installing new battery....

I wish it did. Mine resets to 50w after a fresh battery install. Bleh I still taste that burnt taste in my lungs. :-)

From what I know, it resets back to 15watts after installing new battery....

Mine goes back to 15 too but if I switch the batteries very quickly it keeps me where I was. Great device so far and matched with a nautilus and vertical coils it is the best vape experience I have ever had. Edited by raiderep

You both should check out Pbusardos youtube vid on it. Not sure if they all have the issues, but some of them are concerning. Not trying to put it down, just a safety thing. Please watch it.

I watched that after purchase but before getting it delivered and I have none of the issues he had. I really think he just got a bad unit. Some of the other stuff is just about being an educated user.

I watched that after purchase but before getting it delivered and I have none of the issues he had. I really think he just got a bad unit. Some of the other stuff is just about being an educated user.

Good to hear! The auto fire/touch sensor thing is not good.... I only wanted to make sure you guys were aware of his experience with it considering the potential.

I've been using mine about a week or so. Haven't even used one of my mech mods since getting it. It does go back to 15W when you switch batteries but it's not a big deal. You can crank the watts back up quickly by holding the button down. I just don't want to use the USB charge. I haven't had any issues with the touch sensor fire. I could do without it but it disables itself after the screen timeout which is only like 10 seconds so after that you have to click the button to wake it up and use the touch to fire. I haven't fired it on accident or anything. It puts out a lot of power and I get a few hours regulated battery life before I swap them out. I don't really drain the battery past 25% left otherwise I could probably use it all day on one battery. I liked it so much I bought another just the other day in a limited edition carbon fiber body. Very good deal for the price I think and a one year warranty isn't bad. It's helped me get by waiting 12 weeks on the preorder for my darkstar 30. If that doesn't come around soon I think I'll cancel my order and just use my pair of IPv 2 box mods. I really want that darkstar though. Just so expensive and the wait is ridiculous.

Oh and I've use a few builds with mine already. A clapton coil dual build at .5 was great. Currently swapping between a .3 dual tiger coil build and a 28g regular kanthal dual coil setup at .7 I think the sweet spot for this device and a dripper is about the .5 at 40-45 watts. I use it at 50 watts with the .3 and 30 watts with the .7. I try to keep it between 4.3 and 4.7 volts.

You can also avoid any problem with a nasty hit after you switch the battery. Before you fire it switch the wattage back and then when you do fire it just pulse the fire button for a second and it will read the resistance instantly and adjust power. Then put it to your mouth and vape. No reason to just switch the battery and start vaping when you can keep it out of your mouth a second and let it adjust.

Edited by SteezeOG

Very true SteezeOG. I tested it again and I guess I must have hit the + key and it went up to 50w quickly. Agreed on checking the watts before inhaling. Very much a newb move on my part. Lesson learnt. I am enjoying it very much and thus far have had no issues. I haven't touched my copper Viggo in 2 days now. It's just a blast to vape.

Edited by dragongunner

Yeah I watched it too and he's very informative and I like his reviews but he's very critical of things that are all subjective to taste. Like the location of things on the box. I'm glad mine also didn't have any of those issues. My battery door fits perfect and flush.

Honestly a lot of that stuff comes from his unfamiliar nature with that box and not being a dripper kind of guy. He points out a pro of the device is you can usb charge and vape it at the same time. Yes you can but it's not recommended by Pioneer4You and most people know it's not good for your device or battery. He makes it sound like that's advisable and often refers to the incomplete manual but had he read it he'd see they say not to do it on like page 2. He's also using the device with way too low of a battery charge. That's why it's dropping down to a 10 watt power setting. You aren't supposed to drain your battery like that beyond it's ability to handle the load.

The part where he says it was reading everything off was simply a need to adjust the pin or do a reset. I can't speak to the wet auto fire or auto fire on a low battery. I've not had a single issue with the touch fire although I just choose not to use it. I also don't think the screen shutdown is 60 seconds. Mine seems to cut down much sooner but even at 60 seconds it shouldn't be a hazard to anyone vaping responsibly. Never leave it unattended powered up or not in screen lock mode.

His test unit definitely had issues but mine has been flawless really. For $109 you can't find a better 30 watt box mod let alone 50 watt. Comparing it to a DNA 30 device like he did just doesn't work. You have to compare it to others that use the sx330 and in that comparison it shines.