Selecting an RBA/RDA...

Earthling789

I think I just found the answers to my "difference" question...

There are slight differences in the top-caps and drip-tips between manufacturers (some include 510 adapters, some don't), but mostly they are the same... the real differences are the filling points and air-flow adjustments between the KayFun versions and Russian!

Russian 91% - Bottom fill through recessed port, with o-ring for better seal. Air-flow adjustment is on the side of the base (no need to remove from MOD to adjust.

KayFun Light Plus V1 - Bottom fill through slightly recessed port, with o-ring for better seal. Air-flow adjustment is on the bottom of the base.

KayFun Light Plus V2 - Bottom fill through deeper recessed port (deeper than V1), with o-ring for better seal. Air-flow adjustment is on the bottom of the base. Also to note top-cap has bevel for drip-tip and different drip-tip style (not smooth tube like V1 or Russian).

KayFun 3.1 - Side fill through recessed port, with o-ring seal. Air-flow adjustment also on the side (similar to the Russian). The change in the base makes the 3.1 taller than the Russian, but more Russian-like at least with air-flow adjustment location. The 3.1 also retains the Russian/KFL+V1 top-cap and drip-tip style. The center-pin of the 3.1 is also adjustable like the Russian.

So, I hope I understood the differences from all the reading I've done today :)

All the research you did into this is very impressive! Now, which one did you finally decide on? :)

All the research you did into this is very impressive! Now, which one did you finally decide on? :)

I'm buying the Russian 91% first, this week... At least this Russian purchase won't claim Citizenship after 5-years and leave with half my stuff, lol... (at least I hope not)...

I'm still going to order a KFL+V1 (as a back-up and so I can compare them) and a Magma from Sweet-Vapes, but will likely be a couple of weeks before I make that order :)

I'm buying the Russian 91% first, this week... At least this Russian purchase won't claim Citizenship after 5-years and leave with half my stuff, lol... (at least I hope not)...

I'm still going to order a KFL+V1 (as a back-up and so I can compare them) and a Magma from Sweet-Vapes, but will likely be a couple of weeks before I make that order :)

You're doing it wrong if you lose half your stuff.... Just sayin! lol

Hi Earth,

I did allot of research on this last month. I believe the Russian is the original design, not a clone of anything. The KF is the clone, but I chose the KF for price, and it has some improvements in it, the latest version has a changeable DT, and the Ehpro version come with full clear tank, half clear tank, and full steel tank for those juices that will ruin a clear tank. I built a 7 wrap 1.3o twisted 33g on 7/64`s and stuck it on my Vamo. It blows clouds big time, on my darker juices I run it at 3.3 and it takes about one pull to get it going, but after that it will fill the room with a couple of hits. With my lighter juices I can run it up to 4 volts and it gets going on the first hit and will choke you out, LOL.

Liked it so much I bought the Mini for the miss`s and after futzing with it (7w on 7/64 of 30 for 1.8o), its almost capable of the same taste and clouds the big one is.

On drippers, my first and only dripper so far is the Stillare. Its nice and does the job, but I`m finding the drip well is not big enough for more then 10 drips and about 8 hits, so I`m looking at getting a Veritas. If you have`nt seen the Veritas have a look at it, its a bad *** set up and has a seriously large drip well. The Stillare works fine for taste testing and such, I have a few flavors that only come out fully in it and its nice to do some root bear or VT sweet dawn at the end of the day with it, without committing to a larger dripper or tank.

Here`s a poor pic of the two set ups, Stillare on the left, Vamo KF on the right.

large.jpg

Best of luck, :?)

R

Edited by VapeHappy

Just learned I have that completely bass ackwords. RE which one is the clone ect. One site say the Russian is the clone, one site lists the KF as the clone. Clones of clones? I don`t know. It can get very confusing at time, LOL. Specially when I`m lit up on nic, ha ha.

R