This is insane

I 've read the warning on the battery MOD package:To ensure optimal battery performance, we advise that the battery contacts are regularly cleaned. Our electronic cigarette batteries contain micro-electronic circuitry and microprocessors. Users should store and handle these items with special care, and we advise our customers do not to store their electronic cigarettes near metallic or magnetized objects, or electronic transmitting devices, such as keys and mobile phones and to avoid extremely high or low storage temperatures.To ensure optimal battery performance, we advise that the battery contacts are regularly cleaned. Our electronic cigarette batteries contain micro-electronic circuitry and microprocessors. Users should store and handle these items with special care, and we advise our customers do not to store their electronic cigarettes near metallic or magnetized objects, or electronic transmitting devices, such as keys and mobile phones and to avoid extremely high or low storage temperatures.

The storage rules should apply even to the best battery.

The product I bought is on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vaptio-Inc/376693832506086

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering. Granted, I've heard from, well, everywhere, not to trust Ultrafire, and even Trustfire are so-so, I believe, is what I heard. But the fact that this came off E-bay, and had another label UNDER the brand label could be an example of someone selling bad crap on E-Bay. We've seen how they've essentially sold batteries with very little voltage, or rather, very little capacity, wrapped in a brand name wrapping, selling it as a normal battery that we might use (I think this e-bay seller was using a Sony cover for the battery on the video I've seen).

Edited by spydre

Although I don't currently "cloud chase", I will say that each one of us need certian things to keep us off analogs. That said, they all have a place given the obvious safety aspects. The one thing we all have in common is no more stinkies!

And we don't blow smoke, it's vapor! :)

Edited by fishguy1123

I'm not fond of big clouds, but sub ohming can produce it. That said, my SO, I believe sub-ohms, but doesn't cloud chase on purpose, unless he's doing it right next to my head on purpose to annoy me. Nothing I hate worse than going into a vape shop that doubles as a vape lounge and there is as much vapor hanging in the air from the two dudes sitting on the couch watching TV as you would get in a bar on a Saturday night when smoking was still allowed in bars.

I'm not fond of big clouds, but sub ohming can produce it. That said, my SO, I believe sub-ohms, but doesn't cloud chase on purpose, unless he's doing it right next to my head on purpose to annoy me. Nothing I hate worse than going into a vape shop that doubles as a vape lounge and there is as much vapor hanging in the air from the two dudes sitting on the couch watching TV as you would get in a bar on a Saturday night when smoking was still allowed in bars.

That is definitely a turn off, i think to lots of newbies. A few weeks before i started vaping i went into a local shop to look around and when i opened the door it was worse than walking in a Smokey bar. It was a dense cloud everywhere and had an unpleasant odour. Talking with the owner i asked him how busy they had been. He said not busy at all, just him and his brother most of the morning.

It was a total turnoff. I figured what would the purpose of quitting cigarettes would be if that was what vaping was like. I eventually came around by reading some more online and have ordered all my stuff online. I really have no desire to go into a local store

A family member (a former smoker who quit at least 21 years ago, never tried vaping) took a cousin into a local vape shop (the only time he's gone into a vape shop, ever, the family member, not the cousin), and he was definitely NOT HAPPY. The same shop I was talking about in my previous post. There were a couple of cloud chasers sitting on the couch watching TV just hanging out, and he said it was ridiculous. He's seen us vape, of course, over the last year and a half, and knows that it's not what we do, but it annoyed him that some people were purposely doing that.

That is definitely a turn off, i think to lots of newbies. A few weeks before i started vaping i went into a local shop to look around and when i opened the door it was worse than walking in a Smokey bar. It was a dense cloud everywhere and had an unpleasant odour. Talking with the owner i asked him how busy they had been. He said not busy at all, just him and his brother most of the morning.

It was a total turnoff. I figured what would the purpose of quitting cigarettes would be if that was what vaping was like. I eventually came around by reading some more online and have ordered all my stuff online. I really have no desire to go into a local store

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I honestly believe that one of the biggest problems to the vaping community with regard to battery safety is Ebay itself, I have just seen two 18650 batteries on Ebay for 99p with free delivery from China, If Ebay was to have tighter regulations with regard to dangerous batteries being sold on its site then maybe one less accident would take place, but who is at fault, the manufacturer for producing dangerous batteries on the cheap trying to make a quick buck, or ebay for allowing them to be sold or for the guy buying a product so cheap it has to be fake and potentially dangerous, I personally would like Ebay to stop selling any batteries for e-cigs unless it is from a verified vendor, and even though Ebay here in the UK have a no E-cigarette rule, the site is still awash with authentic and fake products, anybody with an internet connection can purchase and distribute fake products on Ebay.

So a noobie just starting out with little or no knowledge of battery safety and no desire to endanger himself or anyone close to him, will ultimately turn to Ebay and buy on the cheap incase vaping is not for them.

Just my two cents worth.

That's why it's good that we have forums just for vaping. Here at Vapor Talk, we have a lot of knowledgeable, friendly members who stress safety, especially concerning batteries. Many of us also try to steer noobies to trusted vendors who only sell genuine product with no knock offs unless it's plainly marked as such so we can make an informed decision to buy or not.

1k times liked what Tam just said.....

however I do a lot of buying off of trusted sellers on ebay..

I hardly every buy anything that I want if a seller has 100 different paints & a bunch of clothes that looks like he just cabbaged up on a GoodWill dumpster..

ALWAYS RESEARCH who your buying from, if you have a good feeling about them then buy,,

its always BUYER BEWARE.....

Edited by HOOKER

That's why it's good that we have forums just for vaping. Here at Vapor Talk, we have a lot of knowledgeable, friendly members who stress safety, especially concerning batteries. Many of us also try to steer noobies to trusted vendors who only sell genuine product with no knock offs unless it's plainly marked as such so we can make an informed decision to buy or not.

I agree with you there tam i just gave a trucking buddy of mine the info on the setup i am using (ipv-mini 30w and 5ml nautilus) and told him to to go to sweet-vapes or here at the V.T. store to buy them.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...