Cotton is the BOMB! Got my "snap, crackle, and Pop" back.

VapeHappy

Ya Hoo.

So I`ll be rebuilding KPT coils in the next day or so, so I`v been doing allot of googling and reading and such. And while doing all this reading, I kept hearing so much about cotton. So I decided to go ahead and try re-wicking a new coil just for fun.

HOT DAMN. I`m a believer. Will Never, never go back to silica wicks.

No gurgling, no flooding, Taste is SUPERB. I`m running my tanks down to just the very last bit of juice now, not having to worry about sucking up juice in the tube. No leakage whatsoever so far.

I simply can not believe the difference.

So if you are on the fence about cotton, just try re-wicking a new coil with it,(I added a flavor wick on top also), and see what all the (vapor) talk is about!!

Just so you know, there is a slight flavor of the cotton for the first couple of hits, but it goes away very quickly. And make sure you wet it before trying to fire it, I watched a video by a guy named Ray (youtube) that showed how to do it.

Vapehappy! :yes

VapeHappy- I can't wait to try it! My Mini Pro Tanks are all sitting idle. I just have not bit the bullet and bought any rebuilding supplies. I do have an ohm meter, and the hand tools, but no supplies yet. I got a TOBH clone the other day and tried to build some coils with the supplied wire. I was not successful. I am only 44 and still have pretty good vision, but that wire is so dang tiny. I may have to get a few hundred feet of different gauges just to practice!

Keep up the good work!

VapeHappy- I can't wait to try it! My Mini Pro Tanks are all sitting idle. I just have not bit the bullet and bought any rebuilding supplies. I do have an ohm meter, and the hand tools, but no supplies yet. I got a TOBH clone the other day and tried to build some coils with the supplied wire. I was not successful. I am only 44 and still have pretty good vision, but that wire is so dang tiny. I may have to get a few hundred feet of different gauges just to practice!

Keep up the good work!

Ya, no way could I do it with my naked eyes, don`t have the patience. But my day job is as a watchmaker (why I do not have any patience, LOL), so I live under a one eyed loop all day long. Try getting one of those hands free magnifiers or better yet a mag visor, and you`ll be able to see it much better.

Yap, my KPT is hitting like a hill billy meth explosion. :?)

Cheers,

and Good Luck,

VH

Well, I guess in my defense. I was sitting in my recliner, in front of the television. I should have been back at my desk/workbench. I am looking into some sort of magnifying apparatus and more light. I think I wanted to try it so bad that I just plugged the numbers into vapers toolbox and went at it. I was kinda like a kid at Christmas. I had just got a coil jig, my new Nautilus mini, my new vertical coils for the Nautiluses and the TOBH in the mail. I wanted to play with all of my new toys at once!

If you like cotton, give rayon a try! It's synthetic silk, they sell it at Sallys beauty supply. It comes in a cotton ball form, but rayon has uniform strands and wicks insanely well. It also stays a lot cleaner! I use it in all my drippers.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like cotton, give rayon a try! It's synthetic silk, they sell it at Sallys beauty supply. It comes in a cotton ball form, but rayon has uniform strands and wicks insanely well. It also stays a lot cleaner! I use it in all my drippers.

any sites you know of have rayon? or is sally's a site lol?

Sally`s is kinda regional, its a beauty supply store/chain.

Going to get some rayon, it makes sense with its high tempreture capacity. Looking at big auction site, hey, its easy, what can I say.

Last night I wound a twisted 33 gauge (what an oddball size, was includ. in a KFM, :?) on a 5/32 and man does it cook. I`m running my problematic Highbrow up to 4 volts and not having any problems at all. So I think Rayon IS the next step.

:?)

I've been using japanese cotton and cellucotton and not really able to tell the difference between wicking and flavor.

That's strange, rayon gives me these weird tasting hits every three or four hits, Japanese cotton doesn't. I also have to "break in" rayon and regular cotton. Maybe you have stronger flavored juice than I've been using or something.