1st Unregulated Box build

iheartvape

So I decided I wanted to build a unregulated box mod today. I will admit... Next time I will put more thought into it and also buy a battery cradle. Trying to fashion a way to get contacts points to stay in place with no real support was a epic failure... Lol.

I got it together and working, but I'm not impressed. It looks like poop thanks to my inexperience.

IMG_20140719_202010_zpsjqfoybef.jpg

I used the 510 top cap from my Cronus clone, a 3amp switch and project box from radio shack, and battery contact points from an old ohm meter that I seriously rigged into place... The positive contact plate is in a cap from a dripper from a bottle of ejuice that I slip the battery into so it maintains contact... This thing has more glue in it then plastic I think... Lol

Used to be very popular but seems to have fallen from grace. I still build old school box mods with the AA battery boxes and other parts from Madvapes . I noticed they took all the useful tutorials off their site and no longer make the predrilled kits. I guess the economy is doing better than the news makes it sound cause people be spendin some coin on some fancy devices these days. There used to be someone on the forum who made some very nice wooden boxmods. I am sure the photos and posts are still out there somewhere.

Edited by mcquinn

• 1 month later...

The fogger v4 is good I have one and rda wise it all depends on personal taste lol, but yeah I agree trying to find what you like/works can be costly I've spent more than I will admit to the gf lol but have sold or pif'd a lot of stuff too. Regardless I've still spent less than I would on analogs..$15-20 a week versus $14+ a day :)

People see me vape and ask me what should they get and I don't wanna tell them that something is better than something else. Because that's just my opinion of a given product. What works for me, someone else might hate and what someone else might hate works for me. As long as you're using safe batteries and have an understanding of what you're doing. Just experiment and see what you like. Though for some of us finding that is a bit expensive and even when we find something that we like we just keep buying =I

But your box mod has me wanting to build one. I wonder if 2 18650s would be a good idea in one box mod =I Hmmm