dry burning

Unless you are using silica, ekowool, or ceramic, as a wick, you should remove the wick before dry burning. Dry burning is used to clean the coil by heating the coil to a red hot temp. All the juice build up will burn away and the coil will look good as the day it was made.

Dry burning is effective in cleaning the coil to get better perfornance from a coil. You can dry burn with a silica wick in the coil however it is more effective to remove the wick, dry burn then replace the wick with a fresh piece. It is easier than it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

as others have mentioned you can only leave the wick in to dry burn with certain materials, cotton is NOT one of them and will burn. With how simply it is to rewick its not really to much of a hassle and helps take your coils to a like new state

• 3 months later...

When one of mine tastes less than optimal I unscrew it, toss it in a cup to send to a friend that rebuilds for himself, then pop on a new one. With KPT single coils being 85 cents each I find any maintenance other than replacing them to be not worth it imo. Everyone is different but that's just my approach. When I first started vaping I tried dry burning to get more life out of them but it never did it for me lol.