Post size dilemma

Raptor Vaper

Hey guys, loving the RDA scene. My favorite size wire to run is 24 gauge. With the hole size in my posts on my caterpillar RDA, I cannot build a dual coil in it unless its a sleeper coil (one continuous wire). I'd much rather find an RDA that is capable of holding 2 24 ga wires in the center positive post. The reason I don't like building sleeper coils is because its very difficult. Here's the best I could do.

ydu8uzu3.jpg

a5u2azev.jpg

Vaping 100% VG margarita flavored.

.16 ohm build. Caterpillar RDA organic cotton, efest 35A battery, EHPRO Nemesis

ujuruge3.jpg

So my question is, what RDA do you guys recommend to house 2 24ga wires in the center positive post? Thanks in advance!

None. 24 gauge is best suited for single coil. If you want dual coils, I suggest picking up some nice 28-32. Sometimes 26 is great, but I'd stick with the 28 until you are way more experienced.

I've got 28 gauge and 32 gauge as well! Thanks for the input bud

All my rda's are drilled out to accept larger wire. I run dual 24, 22, or 20 gauge coils almost always.

Oh, and you shouldn't be building that low on an efest btw.

I've been building this low on my efest batteries for several months. .1 is the lowest I've been with no issues. They are efest 18650 35a purple batteries

I'm not saying its entirely "unsafe," but why not be completely safe with a sony for the same price?

What's the discharge rate on the Sony?

.1 ohm at 3.7v is 23 Amps, not counting voltage drop. Right?

Edited by Raptor Vaper

VTC4's and 5's both have the same discharge rate i believe, or so close it's irrelevant.

I build to .08/.1 regularly never had an issue.

Note: Do not build this low without ample experience.

Edited by mvince201

From what I have heard, the purple efest are re-wrapped VTC's. Just what I have heard though, so I have nothing to back that up with.

From what I have heard, the purple efest are re-wrapped VTC's. Just what I have heard though, so I have nothing to back that up with.

It's very true. I have unwrapped one of mine and several others have as well. I have heard efest buys the QC turndowns from sony and rewraps them, no proof to that one though.

It's very true. I have unwrapped one of mine and several others have as well. I have heard efest buys the QC turndowns from sony and rewraps them, no proof to that one though.

I haven't heard of this until now, I need to do some research! In the mean time, I'll order up some Sony vtc-5's. Wow. Rewrapped? And I definitely don't want my nemesis turning into a loaded gun.

I'm pretty sure most of the efest purple 35A are rewrapped sony vtc 4 and some were known to be samsungs. Either way you should be ok at .14 if you're just pulsing for a second or two anyway. Personally I just like always using sony vtc5 in all my mechs but that's because I found a few pairs for $20 a set a few months back and I can chain vape at .20 and they don't even get warm beyond the heat of my body temp from my hand.

You can drill out your post holes, get a rda like the mephisto that has huge 3mm post holes, or just go with the smaller wire. If you really want to fit wire in easily but get low builds you can consider gplat wire. I hate the price of it but the performance and low resistance aren't up for debate to me. It's easy to go low. I have 26g and 9 wrap dual micro coils and it still only comes out to .20 Wrap those at 6 wraps and you'll get all the vapor and heat you can handle.

I'm pretty sure most of the efest purple 35A are rewrapped sony vtc 4 and some were known to be samsungs. Either way you should be ok at .14 if you're just pulsing for a second or two anyway. Personally I just like always using sony vtc5 in all my mechs but that's because I found a few pairs for $20 a set a few months back and I can chain vape at .20 and they don't even get warm beyond the heat of my body temp from my hand.

You can drill out your post holes, get a rda like the mephisto that has huge 3mm post holes, or just go with the smaller wire. If you really want to fit wire in easily but get low builds you can consider gplat wire. I hate the price of it but the performance and low resistance aren't up for debate to me. It's easy to go low. I have 26g and 9 wrap dual micro coils and it still only comes out to .20 Wrap those at 6 wraps and you'll get all the vapor and heat you can handle.

I've been down to .16 for several days and after chain vaping, the only thing that gets warm is the RDA. After chain vaping, I took the Efest out and it wasn't even warm.

Yeah rewrapping a battery is not uncommon. I said Samsung and actually it's LG anyway. People have unwrapped them and most are either sony vtc4 or LG batteries. They seem to rate the continuous amp higher than the original manufacturer but you should be fine to use them. Never hurts to have more good batteries though. Try the sony next time and see which you prefer.